Jamsil-dong is a neighbourhood, dong, of Songpa-gu, Seoul, South Korea. Its name is derived from silkworm breeding during the Joseon dynasty. Jamsil translates to a room or place for sericulture. The state encouraged people to raise silkworms, so founded Dongjamsil (동잠실, literally "east place for sericulture") in the east vicinity of Seoul.
|• Revised Romanization||Jamsil-dong|
Jamsil Baseball Stadium located in Jamsil 1-dong
|• Total||5.21 km2 (2.01 sq mi)|
|• Density||22,000/km2 (58,000/sq mi)|
Schools located in Jamsil-dong:
- Seoul Beodeul Elementary School
- Seoul Jamil Elementary School
- Seoul Jamjeon Elementary School
- Seoul Jamsin Elementary School
- Seoul Sincheon Elementary School
- Seoul Songjeon Elementary School
- Aju Middle School
- Chungshin Girls' Middle School
- Jamsin Middle School
- Sincheon Middle School
- Chungshin Girls' High School
- Jamil High School
- Jamsin High School
- Youngdongil High School
- "잠실동 (Jamsil-dong 蠶室洞)" (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Archived from the original on 2009-06-23. Retrieved 2008-04-15.
- "The origin of the name and timetable of Jamsil-dong (동명 유래/연혁)" (in Korean). The resident center of Jamsil bon-dong. Retrieved 2008-04-15.
|This Seoul location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|