|Born||17 April 1977|
Dayton Christian High School |
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Castrol Football Crazy (former) |
Maxis Football Extra (former)
|Network||ESPN/Star Sports (former)|
SAFRA Radio (former)
Glenn Ong (m. 2004; div. 2009) |
Thorsten Nolte (m. 2010; div. 2015)
Rupert (m. 2017)
Alysia Nolte (daughter) |
Jamie Yeo (Chinese: 杨薏琳; born 17 April 1977) is a TV host, actress, radio deejay and model.
Yeo was born in Singapore in 17 April 1977, she studied in Fairfield Methodist Primary School and Nanyang Girls' High School before moving to Dayton, Ohio, for four years, where her father was posted as an engineer in the Republic of Singapore Air Force. She completed her secondary education at Dayton Christian High School. On returning to Singapore, she entered Ngee Ann Polytechnic and studied mass communications, graduating in 1998.
In 2005, Jamie started with ESPN and became the face of shows like Nokia Football Crazy and Football Extra. In 2009 Nokia Football Crazy was renamed Castrol Football Crazy due to changes in sponsorship and it went off air in 2010. In an interview with TheSportsCampus.com in 2009, Jamie shared that her favourite football club is Arsenal F.C., and her favourite player is Thierry Henry.
In 2015, Jamie returned to Mediacorp as Radio DJ for Gold 905FM. In March 2016, she took over the drive-time show, "The Homestretch".
Yeo can also be seen as a host of travel and life style program Inside Singapore from Insider TV.
Yeo began dating DJ Glenn Ong in 2001 and the couple married in New Creation Church three years later in 2004, but separated in early 2009. In 2010 Yeo remarried to Thorsten Nolte, a British expatriate living in Singapore; the couple have a daughter. Jamie Yeo and Thorsten Nolte divorced in February 2015. In April 2016 Jamie gained sole custody of her daughter Alysia. In June 2017, she announced to the press that she was getting remarried the third time to another British expatriate Rupert, and was five months pregnant with a baby boy. Her son, Luke was born on the 29th of August 2017.
- "They're close like bee hoon" (4 October 1998), Pau Lin, Teo, Straits Times
- "Me, Bimbo?" (12 November 2007), Tay, Michelle, Straits Times
- Wadhwa, Arjun (7 August 2009). "Talking Football with Jamie Yeo". TheSportsCampus. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- "Jamie Yeo, 29" (29 April 2007), Straits Times
- Celebrity couple Glenn Ong, Jamie Yeo call it quits, 14 February 2009, Mayo Martin, Channel Newsasia
- In February 2015, Yeo announced her divorce from Nolte in an interview with lifestyle magazine 8 Days. In the same interview, she issued an apology to her ex-husband, DJ Glenn Ong, saying their split in 2009 was her fault. (MSN Interview)
- Jamie Yeo: 'I didn't even know I was in labour, 8 November 2010, Germaine Lim, AsiaOne
- hermesauto (2017-06-09). "DJ Jamie Yeo expecting second child with third husband". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2018-06-26.