|Birth name||James Thomas Ritchie|
|Date of birth||16 August 1996|
|Place of birth||Dundee|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||108 kg (17 st 0 lb; 238 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Rugby Union careerEdit
Ritchie has represented Scotland at under-16, under-18 and under-20. He played in the 2013 and 2014 European Under-18 Rugby Union Championship, the latter as captain. In June 2014 he played four matches for Scotland under-20 at the 2014 IRB Junior World Championship.
Ritchie received his first call up to the senior Scotland squad by coach Gregor Townsend in October 2017 for the Autumn Internationals. Ritchie received his first senior cap against Canada on the 9 June 2018.
Ritchie was picked in Scotland's 2019 Rugby World Cup squad. However he fractured his cheekbone in the last warm-up match for Scotland against Georgia. Ritchie will now stay in Scotland for treatment and Magnus Bradbury will go in his place as injury cover.
- "Edinburgh sign 17-year-old Jamie Ritchie for first team". BBC. 28 May 2014. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Edinburgh Rugby (Jamie Ritchie) - Edinburgh Rugby". www.edinburghrugby.org.
- "Solomons hails new Edinburgh signing Ritchie". Scotsman. 27 May 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Edinburgh sign exciting Scotland prospect Jamie Ritchie". Sky Sports. 27 May 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Scotland: Gregor Townsend calls up 10 new caps for autumn Tests". BBC. 24 October 2017. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- "Scottish Rugby on Twitter".
- "Starlet Scot's promise secures senior deal | Edinburgh Rugby". Edinburgh rugby. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Scotland U20 (Jamie Ritchie) | Scottish Rugby Union". scottishrugby.org. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Edinburgh Rugby - Jamie Ritchie