Jamie Howell (born 19 February 1977 in Rustington) is an English former professional footballer, who was most recently manager of National League South side Eastbourne Borough. He played in the football league for Torquay United. He represented England at Schoolboy and Youth level.
|Date of birth||19 February 1977|
|Place of birth||Rustington, England|
|1997||Brighton & Hove Albion||0||(0)|
|1997–2007||Bognor Regis Town||426||(26)|
|2007||→ Burgess Hill Town (loan)|
|2007–2009||Burgess Hill Town|
|2009–2010||Bognor Regis Town|
|2007–2009||Burgess Hill Town|
|2009||Bognor Regis Town (Assistant Manager)|
|2010||Bognor Regis Town (Joint Manager)|
|2010–2017||Bognor Regis Town|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Howell began his career as a trainee with Arsenal and was a member of the 1994 FA Youth Cup winning side. He turned professional in July 1995, but was released at the end of the following season, yet to make his Arsenal debut. In August 1996 Howell joined Portsmouth. He failed to appear in the Portsmouth first team, or for Notts County who he joined in March 1997.
In April 1997 he joined Torquay United on non-contract terms, making his debut on 12 April 1997 as a second-half substitute for Ian Hathaway in Torquay's 2-1 defeat at home to Barnet. He started the final two games of the season, defeats at home at Wigan Athletic and away to Doncaster Rovers, but was released at the end of the season.
He had a brief spell with Brighton & Hove Albion before joining Bognor Regis Town in October 1997, and went on to make over 400 appearances for them. He had a spell on loan with Burgess Hill Town in March 2007, before joining Burgess Hill as player-assistant manager in June 2007.
He was appointed as player-manager of Burgess Hill Town in December 2007. He remained in charge until March 2009 when he was sacked with the club just outside the relegation places. Howell was appointed assistant to Darin Killpatrick at Bognor Regis Town on 1 June 2009, becoming joint manager with Killpartrick in February 2010 and manager in June 2010 with Killpartrick appointed as head coach.
- "Player Profile". NonLeaguedaily. Archived from the original on 8 September 2012.
- "Hillians bring in Howell". NonLeagueDaily. 11 June 2007. Archived from the original on 8 September 2012. Retrieved 5 March 2009.
- "Burgess Hill Town Playing staff 2006-07". Sussex Soccer. Archived from the original on 21 February 2009. Retrieved 5 March 2009.
- "Howell wants to build on good start". NonLeagueDaily. 4 January 2008. Archived from the original on 8 September 2012. Retrieved 5 March 2009.
- "Hillians sack Howell". NonLeagueDaily. 4 March 2009. Archived from the original on 8 September 2012. Retrieved 5 March 2009.
- Hickey, Liam (2 May 2017). "Bognor 2-1 Dulwich". Dulwich Hamlet. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Jamie Howell is new man at the helm for Eastbourne Borough". Eastbourne Herald. 3 May 2017. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Jamie Howell is sacked by Eastbourne Borough". Eastbourne Borough FC. 16 February 2019. Retrieved 16 February 2019.
- Jamie Howell at Soccerbase