This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
James William Hince (born 18 December 1968) is an English guitarist, singer and songwriter, best known as the guitarist for the indie rock duo The Kills. He started his musical career in bands called Fiji, Scarfo, and Blyth Power. He co-founded The Kills with American singer Alison Mosshart in 2000. In The Kills, Hince is known as "Hotel" and Mosshart is known as "VV".
Performing in 2008 Barcelona, Spain
|Birth name||James William Hince|
|Also known as||Hotel|
|Born||19 December 1968|
|Genres||Post-punk, garage rock, indie rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, singer-songwriter, photographer|
|Instruments||Guitar, bass guitar, keyboards, synthesizer, drums, vocals|
|Associated acts||The Kills, Fiji, Scarfo, Blyth Power|
In the early 2010s, Hince lost the use of one finger on his left hand following an accident of his hand being shut in a car door. He had to relearn how to play the guitar without it. In 2018, he was featured on Azealia Banks' song "Lorelei" from her second studio album, Fantasea II: The Second Wave.
Hince was married to model Kate Moss. In 2008, The Sun reported that Hince and Moss became engaged during a trip to Amsterdam. Hince proposed to her in bed with a vintage 1920s ring worth more than £10,000. They wed on 1 July 2011 at St Peter's Church, Southrop in Gloucestershire, and separated in July 2015. They divorced in 2016.
- Cattlecount (CD Single) (August 1999)
- Glue Hotel Tapes (Mini Album) (1999)
- Pillshop (7" Single)
- Scarfo (November 1995)
- Luxury Plane Crash (July 1997)
Studio albums with The KillsEdit
- "BMI | Repertoire Search". repertoire.bmi.com. Archived from the original on 2013-02-15. Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- Britton, Amy (2011-11-17). Revolution Rock: The Albums Which Defined Two Ages. AuthorHouse. pp. 327–. ISBN 9781467887106. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "An Interview With Jamie Hince of the Kills". Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- Alex Heigl. "Jamie Hince of The Kills Talks Photography, Dogs and His New Album". Retrieved 2016-04-16.
- Perry, Kevin. "GQ&A: The Kills' Jamie Hince". Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- "Kate Moss: Kiss Me, Kate — Vogue". Vogue.com. 2011-08-11. Retrieved 2014-08-27.
|This article on a UK guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|