James J. Elist
|James J. Elist|
|Alma mater||Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
George Washington University
|Known for||Developed the world's first and only subcutaneous penile implant for the treatment and cosmetic correction of soft tissue deformities|
|Institutions||Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Olympia Medical Center
Elist is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a Diplomate of Urology of the National Board of Physicians and Surgeons, and an attending staff at Cedars Sinai Medical Center. He has been in private practice in Beverly Hills, California since 1982. Elist also invented, patented and developed the world's first and only subcutaneous penile implant for the treatment and cosmetic correction of soft tissue deformities.
Early life and educationEdit
Born and raised in the Persian Jewish community of Iran, Elist came to the United States in 1976 to attend The Washington Hospital Center (now known as George Washington University) for residency training in General Surgery and Urology. He was Chief Resident and Chief Administrative Resident at the Washington Hospital Center, in Washington D.C.
Having prerequisite training in general surgery and having completed training in urology, Elist opened his private practice specializing in male sexual dysfunction in 1982. He began formulating his ideas regarding penile enhancement as a result of his patients' inquiries regarding the lack of effective penile enhancement techniques. He also authored a book Put Impotency in Your Past in 1991, which was translated into three languages.
Elist invented, patented, and received 510(k) clearance for a soft silicone implant called Penuma. He has used the implant for over 1,300 patients for the treatment of soft tissue deformities in the penis and has had a 95% success rate. According to an IRB-approved, 400 patient, five year retrospective review, 81% of men reported high or very high levels of satisfaction and 72% of men reported significant increases in self-confidence. These findings would also be presented at the 2016 Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association (AUA) in San Diego.
In 2015, based on his experience in penile enhancement, Professor Gottfried Lemperle in collaboration with James Elist have published a book called A Matter of Size.
Elist performs surgery for the teaching and training of surgeons in the Middle East, Europe and South America. Nationally, Elist is the first surgeon in the Los Angeles area to perform new penile prosthesis devices from American Medical Systems.
Patents and inventionsEdit
Elist is the first physician to have published an article, which proved the effect of smoking on impotency, which resulted in a new treatment for impotency. This article was presented to Congressman Waxman and the Surgeon General in order to include this fact as a precautionary warning on cigarette packages. Elist has thirteen patents for treatment of impotency, congenital male sex organ deformities as well as other medical and surgical devices.
- "Dr. James J Elist". usnews.com. U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- "SMSNA embraces revolutionary procedure for enhancing male genital size and appearance". news-medical.net. News Medical. December 17, 2009. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- "James Elist, MD Urology Beverly Hills, CA M.D , F.A.C.S". doximity.com. Doximity. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- "Dr. James J. Elist". voiceamerica.com. VoiceAmerica Network. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- "Shortened penis post penile prosthesis implantation treated with subcutaneous soft silicone penile implant: case report". International Journal of Impotence Research. 26: 100–104. doi:10.1038/ijir.2013.44. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- Korin Miller (January 28, 2016). "Penis Implants Officially Exist—and They're Damn Big". Women's Health. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- Helen Price (January 30, 2016). "Urologist Invents P enis Enlargement Implant That Has Worked For Thousands Of Men". africanseer.com. AfricanSeer.com. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- Ashitha Nagesh (January 28, 2016). "Penis implants finally exist – and they start at a size L". Metro. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- "The Bionic Dick Is Here". Gq.com.
- Kate Bratskeir (January 29, 2016). "Introducing The Penis Enlargement Implant That 1,300 Men Have Tried". huffingtonpost.com. The Huffington Post. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- "Ayatollah Khamenei's Cancer Scare". thedailybeast.com. The Daily Beast. September 20, 2014. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- "Patents by Inventor James J. Elist". patents.justia.com. US Patent. Retrieved November 26, 2016.