James Golden (radio personality)
James Golden, under the pseudonym "Bo Snerdley," serves as call screener, producer, and engineer for the syndicated Rush Limbaugh radio talk show. Since 2001 he has been a Producer/Executive for Premiere Networks (formerly Premiere Radio Networks), the largest radio syndication company in the United States.
James Golden a.k.a. Bo Snerdley
|Alma mater||City University of New York-Queens College|
|Occupation||Radio producer, political commentator|
Although Golden works from a control booth off the air, a 2008 New York Times Magazine profile of Limbaugh reported that during the show, Golden "banters with and occasionally badgers Limbaugh via an internal talk-back circuit" (an IFB). On occasion, Golden has been accorded airtime on the program. In February 2008, Golden, who is black, was assigned (as Snerdley) a satirical cameo role by Limbaugh as the show's Official Criticizer of Barack Obama (Snerdly has introduced himself as an “African-American-in-good-standing-and-certified-black-enough-to-criticize-Obama guy,” and declared that he was speaking, “on behalf of our E.I.B. brothers and sisters in the hood.”); the role has become an occasional recurring feature. He is a Senior Partner of Golden Creative Communications, LLC.
In his early twenties, Golden worked at radio station WWRL as a Marketing and Research Director, and later served as the radio station's first Music Research Director. From 1992 to 1998, Golden co-hosted (with Joel Santisteban) a political call-in show, The James and Joel Show, on WABC radio in New York. From 1998 to 2001, Golden served as Vice-President for Programming at Talkspot.com, where he also hosted two Internet radio programs. He occasionally contributes written political commentary online.
Golden was part of the production team on the Rush Limbaugh television program, which aired from 1992 through 1996.
He attended City University of New York-Queens College from 1973 to 1976.
- "Late Period Limbaugh," New York Times Magazine, July 6, 2008, including descriptions of Limbaugh's studio interactions with Golden
- Transcript of Golden's on-air commentary (as "Bo Snerdley") in his satirical role as Official Criticizer of Barack Obama, August 26, 2008
- Transcript of Golden's on-air commentary (as "Bo Snerdley") on the controversy involving Limbaugh's involvement with a group seeking ownership of the St. Louis Rams professional football team, October 16, 2009
- "Radio Panel Gets Stuck in Rush Hour," New York Daily News, August 15, 1996
- "If You Can't Get Enough Talk, Tune Into New Internet Shows," New York Times, November 19, 1998
- "Rush Limbaugh's Right Hand Man is Black," David Love, The Grio, August 31, 2011
- Ambassador Speaker's Bureau bio
- Michaelson, Judith, Talk Radio: At the Mike, If Not White Lean Right: The trend toward conservative programming is yet another factor that is robbing minorities of key positions, Los Angeles Times, August 23, 1993 ("[T]he hot new Sunday night team at WABC-AM is James Golden, who is black, a Limbaugh screener (known on the show as Bo Snerdley) who shares some of the host's views, and Joel Santisteban, Cuban-American and more to the center."