for the Jatiya Sangsad
|Member(s)||M. Faridul Haq Khan|
Ahead of the 2008 general election, the Election Commission redrew constituency boundaries to reflect population changes revealed by the 2001 Bangladesh census. The 2008 redistricting altered the boundaries of the constituency.
Ahead of the 2014 general election, the Election Commission reduced the boundaries of the constituency. Previously it had included two union parishads of Melandaha Upazila: Mahmudpur and Shaympur.
Members of ParliamentEdit
Elections in the 2010sEdit
|Awami League||M. Faridul Haq Khan||112,809||97.1||+36.2|
|Independent||Md. Atikur Rahman||3,380||2.9||N/A|
|Awami League hold|
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|Awami League||M. Faridul Haq Khan||108,847||60.9||+22.9|
|BNP||Sultan Mahmud Babu||62,635||35.1||-26.1|
|Independent||Md. Javed Mosharaf||4,020||2.3||N/A|
|CPB||Manjurul Ahsan Khan||3,094||1.7||+0.9|
|Awami League gain from BNP|
|BNP||Sultan Mahmud Babu||80,314||61.2||+23.3|
|Awami League||Rashed Mosharraf||49,865||38||-5.6|
|CPB||Md. Aslam Khan||1,032||0.8||-6.5|
|BNP gain from Awami League|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|Awami League||Rashed Mosharraf||41,816||43.6||+2.0|
|BNP||Sultan Mahmud Babu||36,344||37.9||+0.7|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||Samiul Haque Faruki||7,088||7.4||-10.4|
|CPB||Manjurul Ahsan Khan||6,992||7.3||N/A|
|Zaker Party||S. M. Abdul Mannan||223||0.2||0.0|
|Awami League hold|
|Awami League||Rashed Mosharraf||33,919||41.6|
|BNP||Sultan Mahmud Babu||30,358||37.2|
|JP(E)||Ashraf Ud-Doullah Pahloan||1,998||2.5|
|Bangladesh Muslim League (Kader)||Solaiman Sarkar||355||0.4|
|JSD (R)||A. Razzak||224||0.3|
|Zaker Party||Khan Golam Baset||173||0.2|
|Awami League gain from JP(E)|
- "Jamalpur-2". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Project Completion Report on Bangladesh Second Foodarain Storafe Proiect". World Bank. 17 February 1988.
- Rahman, Syedur (2010). Historical Dictionary of Bangladesh. Scarecrow Press. p. 105. ISBN 978-0-8108-7453-4.
- Liton, Shakhawat (11 July 2008). "Final list of redrawn JS seats published". The Daily Star.
- "53 constituencies get new boundaries". The Daily Star. 4 July 2013.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 4th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Jamalpur-2". Bangladesh Election Result 2014. Dhaka Tribune. Archived from the original on 22 February 2018. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.