Jalachhayam is a 2010 Indian Malayalam-language Experimental film, produced and directed by Sathish Kalathil under the banner of The People's Films. The story was written by Sujith Aalungal and describes the warm relationship between a village man and an artist (painter) from the city. The film was shot entirely on a mobile phone camera which turn out to be a touchstone in the world film history, Nokia N95 Music edition (8gb internal memory with 5 megapixel resolution) mobile phone was entirely used without assistance of traditional or outside camera lenses to film.
Poster Of Jalachhayam
|Directed by||Sathish Kalathil|
|Produced by||Sathish Kalathil|
|Screenplay by||Sujith Aalungal|
|Story by||Sujith Aalungal|
|Starring||Baburaj Puthur, Kripa, Dr. B. Jayakrishnan, Prasanna Balan, Baby Lakshmi, Baby Nimisha, Master Navin Krishna, Prof. K. B. Unnithan|
|Edited by||Rajesh Manganam|
The People's Films
|Distributed by||The People's Films|
Mohan, an art teacher at a city college, discovers the artistic talent of Sadanandan, an ordinary villager. Mohan instructs him in various modern methods of painting and buys the paintings produced by Sadanandan, which, although more proficient than that of most amateurs, were nevertheless beyond the expectations of Mohan. Sadanandan is totally unaware that Mohan is unscrupulously making use of his talent for his own benefit. Jalachhayam describes how Sadanandan survives the moment that he realises that Mohan, a revered figure to Sadanandan, is exploiting him.
- Baburaj Puthoor: as Sadanandan
- Dr. B. Jayakrishnan: as Mohan
- Prasanna Balan: as Geetha, wife of Mohan
- Prof.K.B. Unnithan: as Panicker
- Chitramohan: as Tom
- Baby Nimisha: as Nimisha, daughter of Mohan
- Baby Lakshmi: as Chinju, daughter of Sadanandan
- Master Navin Krishna: as Kannan, son of Sadanandan
And, Malayalam-Tamil film actress Kripa, Malayalam lyricist and poet Mullanezhi, Malayalam cine-serial actress Remadevi are given guest appearance in the film. Other leading performers are N. P. K. Krishnan as Krishnan, Das Anjery as Dasan, Rukia Kechery as Kausalya, Saju Pulikkottil as Saju, Ajeesh M Vijayan as Ajeesh.
- Production-Direction: Sathish Kalathil
- Story-Screenplay-Dialogues: Sujith Aalungal
- Cinematography: Pramod Vadakara
- Editing: Rajesh Manganam
- Music: Unnikumar
- Lyrics: Sidharthan Puranattukkara
- Singing: Baburaj Puthur
- Costumes: Ajeesh M. Vijayan
- Art: Surya (Sathish Kalathil)
- Production Controller: Saju Pulikkottil
- Associate in Direction: Bhasi Pangil
- Associate in Editing: J. Gautham
- Associate in Art: Das Anjery
The acclaimed film director P. Ramdas (Director of Newspaper Boy) had been Switched-on the film at Namboodiri Vidyalayam School, Thrissur on 22 November 2008 and shooting completed on 6 December 2009 with post-production completed in 2010.
Jalachhayam, the world first feature film shot entirely on a smart phone had its theatrical premiere in Thrissur, Kerala, India on 6 June 2010 at Sree theatre and Mrs. Sindhu Lohithadas, wife of the late A. K. Lohithadas Malayalam film director, inaugurated and Prof. R. Bindu, the hon’ble mayor of Thrissur Municipal Corporation presided over the Jalachhayam review ceremony at Hotel Elite International, Thrissur. K. P. Rajendran, the hon’ble Revenue Minister of Kerala, T. K. Vasudevan, Malayalam film director, T. V. Chandramohan Ex-MLA, Prof.K.B. Unnithan, social activist, B. Asok Kumar, Asst. Engineer, All India Radio, Joy M. Mannur, President, Thrissur Press Club, V. R. Rajamohan bureau chief of Madhyamam Daily, N. P. K. Krishnan, Chairman, West Hills Travels, and over 500 film lovers attended.
The song was composed by Unnikumar, sung by Baburaj Puthur and written by Sidharthan Puranattukara.
|Agaathamam Aazhi Vithumbi||Sidharthan Puranattukara||Unnikumar||Baburaj Puthur||Mayamalavagowla||5.35 mins|
- "Film shot with cell phone camera premiered". Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- "സെല്ഫോണില് ചാലിച്ച 'ജലച്ചായം". Mathrubhoomi Newspaper.
- "Jalachhayam". FilmiBeat.
- "Jalchhayam:Mobile Movie". FilmiBeat. Retrieved 22 August 2008.
- "ചിത്രമോഹന് നിര്യാതനായി". Madhyamam. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- "Master Navin Krishnan In Jalachhayam". Retrieved 29 December 2010.
- "Kripa - Film Actress, TV Anchor". Cinetrooth. Retrieved 13 March 2016.
- "Meet The Star-Remadevi".
- "Film shot with cell phone camera premiered-archived link". Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- "ടി കെ വാസുദേവൻ". Retrieved 9 April 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jalachhayam.|