The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jake Smollett (born July 29, 1989) is an American actor and cooking personality.
|Relatives||Jussie Smollett (brother)|
Jurnee Smollett-Bell (sister)
Early life and careerEdit
This section needs to be updated.September 2018)(
Smollett was born in New York City to a family of actors, the son of Janet (née Harris) and Joel Smollett. His father was Jewish (his family immigrated from Russia and Poland), and his mother is African-American. Smollett began his career as a diaper model. His first role in a scripted series was in Hangin' with Mr. Cooper. He then starred alongside his five brothers and sisters in the ABC sitcom, On Our Own. Smollett also starred alongside his sister Jurnee Smollett as Samuel L. Jackson's son in the critically acclaimed feature film Eve's Bayou, directed by Kasi Lemmons. He was in ABC Family's The Middleman. Jake portrayed Noser, a character derived from Javier Grillo-Marxuach's comic book. The entire cast of The Middleman sat on the panel for Comic-Con in July 2009.
In 2016 Smollett joined his five siblings--brothers Jojo Smollett, Jussie Smollett, Jocqui Smollett and sisters Jazz Smollett and Jurnee Smollett--on Food Network to cook family-style meals every Saturday on Smollett Eats. He has also recently appeared guest judging on Food Network's hit show Chopped Junior. In 2017 Jake joined Rachael Ray on The Rachael Ray Show all season long for cooking segments.
- "MediaBlvd Magazine, The source for Celebrity Interviews and Entertainment News - Jake Smollett's Hallway Wisdom". Mediablvd.com. 2008-08-04. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-21. Retrieved 2015-02-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Garmel, Marion (1994-09-06). "You're never on your own in a big family". Indianapolis Star. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- Random Tandem (2010-12-31). "New Artist Alert: Jussie Smollett". Random Tandem. Archived from the original on 2014-05-04. Retrieved 2014-05-03.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-04-11. Retrieved 2015-02-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Jake Smollett - Phoenix". Phoenixnewtimes.com. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "Jake Smollett - Filmography - Movies & TV - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "Jake Smollett News, Jake Smollett Bio and Photos". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- Stewart, Susan (2008-06-23). "'Middleman' Has Heroes Who Drink Milk and Know Their Xbox". The New York Times.
- "Starry Constellation Magazine". Starrymag.com. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- Samuel L. Jackson & Lynn Whitfield, Star In Movie About Success And Secrets Of Louisiana Family 'Eve's Bayou', Jet, 10 Nov 1997, page 61, Vol. 92, No. 25, ISSN 0021-5996, Johnson Publishing Company