Jake Lacy is an American actor. He is known for his portrayal of Pete Miller on the ninth and final season of The Office and as a co-lead as Casey Marion Davenport on the ABC sitcom Better with You (2010–11). He starred with Jenny Slate in the 2014 film Obvious Child and opposite Rooney Mara in Carol (2015). He played Olivia Wilde's character's love interest in Love the Coopers in 2016, and has also starred as Nick Beverly on the Showtime series I'm Dying Up Here (2017–18).
Lacy at the 26th TCA Awards in July 2010
|Alma mater||University of North Carolina School of the Arts|
Lauren Deleo (m. 2015)
Lacy grew up in Vermont, where he attended Otter Valley Union High School. In 2008, Lacy graduated from the University of North Carolina School of the Arts (UNCSA) in Winston-Salem. After graduation, he worked odd jobs in the state of New York. He worked as a gym receptionist, a bar-back at a club and a waiter, while going to auditions during the day, until being cast in the role of Casey in Better with You.
Lacy acted in high school and performed on professional stages in the productions of A Midsummer Night's Dream as Demetrius (in Hartford Stage's production), and Much Ado About Nothing as Conrad (in the Oberon Theater Ensemble's production). Lacy played brief roles in a few episodes of Guiding Light before its cancellation. In 2010, he had a lead role in the Columbia thesis film C'est moi.
From 2010 to 2011, Lacy starred as Casey in the ABC sitcom Better with You. He starred as Pete Miller, or "Plop", in the ninth and last season of The Office. His next role was in the independent sports comedy Balls Out, where he played the lead Caleb Fuller who leads an intramural football team. In 2014, he starred in the comedy-drama film Obvious Child opposite Jenny Slate. He also appeared in the HBO comedy Girls as Fran, a love interest of Lena Dunham's protagonist Hannah. Lacy starred opposite Rooney Mara in Carol (2015), as Richard, her character's boyfriend. In 2016, Lacy appeared in the WWII-set dramedy Their Finest, directed by Lone Scherfig, which had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival, and Miss Sloane, a political thriller directed by John Madden, which had its world premiere at the AFI Fest. In 2017, Lacy co-starred in I'm Dying Up Here, a comedy series on Showtime. In 2019, he appeared as the love interest of Michelle Williams in Fosse/Verdon, on FX.
Lacy married long-time girlfriend Lauren Deleo on August 22, 2015 in Dorset, Vermont.
|2014||Balls Out||Caleb Fuller|
|2015||Love the Coopers||Joe|
|2016||How to Be Single||Ken|
|2016||Their Finest||Carl Lundbeck / Brannigan|
|2017||Christmas Inheritance||Jake Collins|
|2018||Johnny English Strikes Again||Jason Volta|
|2008||Guiding Light||Chip||Episode 15546|
|2010–11||Better with You||Casey Marion Davenport||22 episodes|
|2012||Royal Pains||Floyd||Episode: "My Back to the Future"|
|2012–13||The Office||Pete Miller||21 episodes|
|2014||The Michael J. Fox Show||Scott||Episode: "Surprise"|
|2015||Billy & Billie||Keith||7 episodes|
|2015–16||Girls||Fran Parker||12 episodes|
|2016||Last Week Tonight||Miscellaneous Commercial Character||Episode: "Encryption"|
|2017–18||I'm Dying Up Here||Nick Beverly||16 episodes|
- "Jake Lacy profile". Pop Tower. Archived from the original on March 5, 2012. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- Owen, Rob (September 26, 2010). "'Better With You' is actor Jake Lacy's first big break". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "Jake Lacy: Casey on ABC's 'Better with You'". Abcmedianet.com. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- Jake Lacy on IMDb
- Sojitra, Vinay (September 23, 2010). "Joanna Garcia & Jake Lacy Play Couple In ABC Family Drama 'Better With You'". Today24news.com. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- Duke, Alan (August 21, 2012). "'The Office' shuts down after this year". CNN. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- Guerrero, Dorothy (October 31, 2013). "Almost Famous". The Alcalde. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- "'The Office' Actor Joins Cate Blanchett, Rooney Mara in 'Carol'". The Hollywood Reporter. February 11, 2014. Retrieved April 17, 2015.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (September 10, 2015). "Jack Huston, Jake Lacy Join 'Their Finest Hour And A Half' – First Look Photo". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- "Their Finest". Toronto International Film Festival. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- Sneider, Jeff (January 7, 2016). "'Carol's' Jake Lacy Joins Jessica Chastain in Gun Control Movie 'Miss Sloane'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- Lang, Brent (October 24, 2016). "'Miss Sloane' to World Premiere at AFI Fest". Variety. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- Petski, Denise (May 19, 2016). "Jake Lacy Joins Jim Carrey-Produced 'I'm Dying Up Here' on Showtime". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- Fecteau, Jessica (February 11, 2016). "Girls Star Jake Lacy Reveals He Was Secretly Married in August". People. Retrieved May 4, 2016.
- "I'm with you @berniesanders. All the way". Instagram.