Jake Bequette (born February 21, 1989) is a former American football defensive end. He was selected in the third round with the 90th overall pick by the Patriots in the 2012 NFL Draft. He played high school football at Catholic High in Little Rock, Arkansas, and college football for Arkansas. Bequette was rated highly as a defensive end prospect in that year's draft.
Bequette during the 2011 Arkansas Razorbacks football spring game
|Born:||February 21, 1989|
Little Rock, Arkansas
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school:||Little Rock (AR) Catholic|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 3 / Pick: 90|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Bequette attended the University of Arkansas from 2007 to 2011. During his career, he started 42 of 48 games, recording 140 tackles and 23.5 sacks. As a senior, he was a first team All-SEC selection. Bequette was named the Defensive MVP of the 2012 Cotton Bowl, helping the 2011 Arkansas Razorbacks football team defeat Kansas State, 29-16, as the Razorbacks finished the 2011 season with a record of 11-2, and a #5 final ranking in all polls. Bequette finished the game with 5 tackles and 3 quarterback sacks. Bequette is a third-generation Razorback: his grandfather and father both played for Arkansas, as did his uncle.
Bequette was selected in the third round by the New England Patriots in the 2012 NFL Draft. He was released by the Patriots on August 30, 2014 as part of final roster cuts. He did not see extensive playing time during his time with the Patriots, but re-signed with the team's practice squad shortly after the 2014 cuts. Bequette earned a Super Bowl ring for the Patriots in 2014, though he spent the entire season on the practice squad.
Before the 2015 season, the Patriots switched Bequette from defensive end to tight end. Bequette was waived by the Patriots and subsequently placed on injured reserve after clearing waivers on August 28, 2015. He was released with an injury settlement on September 4, 2015 and became a free agent.
- "Jake Bequette - Arkansas, DE : 2012 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Southeastern Conference". Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Report: Pats cut DE Jake Bequette, LB Steve Beauharnais, DT Jerel Worthy". weei.com. Retrieved August 30, 2014.
- "New England Patriots DE Jake Bequette adding TE work to his repertoire". ESPN.com. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "New England Patriots Mailbag -- Back to Deflategate and Tom Brady's appeal to NFL". ESPN.com. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Patriots place TE Jake Bequette on Injured Reserve". New England Patriots. Retrieved 6 March 2016.