Jai Jagannatha is a 2007 Indian multilingual mythological film directed by Sabyasachi Mohapatra, released in 15 languages. Besides Odia and Hindi, it's dubbed versions were released in English, Bengali, Assamese, Chhattisgarhi, Bhojpuri, Rajasthani, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Nepali languages.
|Directed by||Sabyasachi Mohapatra|
|Produced by||B.Chintu Mohapatra|
|Written by||Sabyasachi Mohapatra|
|Music by||Late Akshaya Mohanty|
|Cinematography||Aum Prakash Mohapatra|
|Edited by||Rajendra K. Mohapatra|
|13 July 2007|
The story of Jai Jagannatha is based on the ancient scripture Laxmi Puran. The untouchables were not allowed to pray, worship and do rituals to God in the ancient ages. Sriya, one of the important characters in this story, dares to pray and worship and wins over the support of Goddess Lakshmi. The real drama begins when Lakshmi is separated by Lord Jagannath at the behest of his brother Balram (Balabhadra) because she ends discrimination on earth by encouraging even untouchables to conduct rituals and worship.
As Lakshmi moves out of Jagannath’s household, Jagannath and Balram undergo immense suffering — so much so that they have to starve without water and food. The curse of Lakshmi had such a severe impact on the brothers that for 12 years they had a tough time. Soon they realised the importance of Lakshmi and were keen to bring her back to their abode. Lakshmi returned to Jagannath’s abode on one condition: There will be no discrimination of caste and creed on earth.
This unique story highlighted that for God everyone was equal besides it reflected the reforms and progressive stance of Gods from the ancient times. Only in the end through Narad it is revealed that Jagannath to end casteism and discrimination had "set up" these series of events which highlighted the social message besides the strength of true spirituality.
- Sritam Das as God Jagannath
- Jyoti Mishra as Goddess Laxmi
- Pintu Nanda as God Balabhadra
- Mohini Shilalip as Sriya Chandali
- Sadhu Meher as Sriya's father-in-law
- Sarat Pujari as Gajapati King
- Sehenawaj Khan as Royal Priest
- Birendra N. Gochhikar
- Mantu Mohapatra
- Ratan Meher
- Guna Mohapatra
- Hara Pattanaik
- Pradyumna Lenka
- Ramachandra Pratihari
- Director: Sabyasachi Mohapatra
- Presenter: Bharat Shah
- Producer: B.Chintu Mohapatra
- Writer: Sabyasachi Mohapatra
- Editor: Rajendra K. Mohapatra
- Music: Late Akshaya Mohanty
- Background Score: Amar Haldipur
- Cinematography :Aum Prakash Mohapatra
- Sound: P. K. Misra
- Publicity: Rahul Nanda & Himanshu Nanda
- Banner: Mahapatra Movie Magic Pvt. ltd.
- Distributor: Adlabs
- Filming Location: Puri, Odisha & Umargaon
Jai Jagannatha, a movie directed by the director Sabyasachi Mohapatra is being released with a record number of 13 languages apart from originals in Odia and Hindi. Jai Jagannatha is a multilingual socio-mythological feature film. State of the art graphics, rich production values and divine music are the highpoints of Jai Jagannatha. This socio-mythological film has six songs in all.
- "Entertainment, all in the Lord's name". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Oriya film 'Jai Jagannath' creates history - Bollywood News". Bharatwaves.com. Archived from the original on 23 July 2011. Retrieved 25 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ""Jai Jagannath" is a Trendsetter". Orissa Cinema. 8 June 2007. Archived from the original on 5 October 2011. Retrieved 25 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Sisir Mishra and Surendra Sahoo are recipients of Jayadev Puraskar "Jai Jagannath" gets the special jury award". Hinduonnet.com. 26 February 2008. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 11 August 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Archived". 13 April 2014. Archived from the original on 13 April 2014. Retrieved 8 March 2009.
- "Film " Jai Jagannath " Based on Lakshmi Puran in 15 Language- Directed by Sabyasachi Mahapatra". eOdisha.org - latest Odisha News - Business - Culture -Art - Travel. 12 December 2012. Retrieved 2 March 2019.