|Born||25 September 1947|
|Buildings||Château de Champ de Bataille|
|Projects||Hotel La Mamounia |
La Réserve Paris
The Nomad NY
Spice Market New York
Born in 1947, Jacques Garcia showed a talent for drawing and objects of art at a young age. At the age of eight, he constructed and furnished his first structure at the home of grandparents. Thereafter he attended a school of interior design and completed his education in the applied arts.
When he finished his education, he began working for a firm of contemporary architects, and created the concepts for the interiors of the Tour Montparnasse in Paris, Le Méridien hotels, and the Royal Monceau à Paris. He was also the interior architect for the Hôtel Costes and Costes restaurants, the Hotel Majestic, and the restaurant Fouquet's. In 2006, he redecorated the Hôtel Odéon Saint Germain in Paris., He purchased and restored the Château du Champ-de-Bataille in Normandy and undertook to recreate and update the large French formal garden.
For his achievements, he was named commander of the Order of Arts and Letters, and a Chevalier in the order of the Légion d'honneur.
- "Jesse Tyler Ferguson nabs a swanky Chelsea condo". Curbed NY. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- Biographie sur evene.fr
- Les jardins sur le site de son domaine sur duchampdebataille.com
- Jacques Garcia by Franck Ferrand, published by Flammarion.
- Jacques Garcia : ou L'Éloge du décor by Franck Ferrand.
- Jacques Garcia, gentleman décorateur (52mn), by Francis Blaise.