Jackson Township, Mahoning County, Ohio
Jackson Township, Mahoning, Ohio
Location of Jackson Township in Mahoning County
|• Total||24.5 sq mi (63.5 km2)|
|• Land||24.0 sq mi (62.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.5 sq mi (1.3 km2)|
|Elevation||1,020 ft (311 m)|
|• Density||88/sq mi (34.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086565|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Lordstown - north
- Weathersfield Township, Trumbull County - northeast corner
- Austintown Township - east
- Canfield Township - southeast corner
- Ellsworth Township - south
- Berlin Township - southwest corner
- Milton Township - west
- Newton Township, Trumbull County - northwest corner
Name and historyEdit
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Jackson township, Mahoning County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- Sanderson, Thomas W. (1907). Twentieth Century History of Youngstown and Mahoning County. Biographical Publishing Company. p. 209.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.