John Thomas Lambert (April 13, 1920 – February 18, 2002) was an American character actor who specialized in playing movie tough guys and heavies. He is best known for playing the psychotic cat-loving, iron-hooked Steve "the Claw" Michel in Dick Tracy's Dilemma.
John Thomas Lambert
April 13, 1920
Yonkers, New York, U.S.
|Died||February 18, 2002 (aged 81)|
Carmel, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Frances Dalton |
(m. 19??; div. 19??)
Following a spell on Broadway, the Yonkers, New York-born Lambert moved to Hollywood and began working in films in 1942. He was a familiar figure in Westerns and crime dramas after World War II, in such movies as The Killers, The Enforcer, Bend of the River, Vera Cruz, Kiss Me Deadly, and How the West Was Won.
Lambert also appeared in many television series of the 1950s and 1960s, such as Rod Cameron's State Trooper, twice on Bat Masterson (1959 in S1E22's "Incident in Leadville" and again in 1961 in S3E19's "Bullwhacker’s Bounty"), Gunsmoke (as all evil gunman Kin Creed in the 1959 S4E35 episode “There Never Was A Horse”, where he likely was the only man in the shows 20 year run who ever outdrew Matt Dillon - but missed), Have Gun – Will Travel, Sugarfoot, Tales of Wells Fargo, Daniel Boone, Wagon Train, Bonanza, Get Smart (season one, episode 18, 1966) and The Andy Griffith Show (season three, episode 32, 1963, "The Big House") From 1959 to 1960, Lambert was a regular cast member (as Joshua Walcek, sometimes called "Joshua MacGregor"), in 23 of the 42 episodes of the Darren McGavin series, Riverboat.
- "Jack Lambert – Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos". AllMovie.
- "AFI-Catalog". catalog.afi.com.
- "Jack Lambert – Broadway Cast & Staff". www.ibdb.com.
- "Jack Lambert, born 1920". BFI.
- "Jack Lambert – TV Guide". TVGuide.com.
- "Riverboat – TV Guide". TVGuide.com.
- Meeks, Eric G. (2014) . The Best Guide Ever to Palm Springs Celebrity Homes. Horatio Limburger Oglethorpe. p. 35. ISBN 978-1479328598.
- "Jack Lambert, born 1899". BFI.
- "Notes: Bomber's Moon." Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved; March 22, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jack Lambert (actor).|