This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jack Donner (October 29, 1928 – September 21, 2019) was an American actor whose career in theater, television and film extended over six decades.
|Born||October 29, 1928|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Died||September 21, 2019 (age 90)|
A native of Los Angeles, Donner worked steadily in television and film since the 1950s including early work on The Guiding Light and As the World Turns. Honing his craft, he performed in seven successive seasons of New York City regional and stock theater.
Beginning in the 1960s he had many guest star and co-starring roles in shows including The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Mission Impossible (eleven episodes — the most by any guest star), Mannix, Kojak and The Streets of San Francisco. However, Donner was probably best known for his role of Romulan Subcommander Tal in the original Star Trek episode "The Enterprise Incident". He would later return as a Vulcan priest in the episodes "Kir'Shara" and "Home" of Star Trek: Enterprise. Along with Joseph Ruskin and Clint Howard, he is one of only three actors to appear in both the original Star Trek series and Star Trek: Enterprise. In 1998 he appeared in the uncredited role of Commander Kinwon in Power Rangers in Space. He had a recurring role on General Hospital as Nikolas and Spencer Cassadine's butler Alfred.
Donner starred in Peaches Christ's black comedy film All About Evil and in Bryan Moore's adaptation of H. P. Lovecraft's Cool Air. He also had a brief but memorable scene as a fire-and-brimstone prosecutor who demands death in 1971's The Night God Screamed.
He founded Oxford Theater with fellow actor Lee Delano. Their students included Barry Levinson, Craig T. Nelson, Barbara Parkins, and Don Johnson. Donner died on September 21, 2019, at 90 years old.
- Invisible Avenger (1958) - Billy Sanchez
- Hand of Death (1962) - Cop #1
- Escape from Hell Island (1963) - Lyle Dennison
- Hotel (1967) - Elliott (uncredited)
- The Night God Screamed (1971) - Prosecutor
- The All-American Boy (1973) - Director (uncredited)
- Black Starlet (1974) - Fake Producer
- The Emissary: A Biblical Epic (1997) - Captain
- Gideon (1998) - Mr. Taylor
- Power Rangers in Space (1998, TV Series) - Commander Kinwon (uncredited)
- Stigmata (1999) - Father Alameida
- Family Tree (1999) - Joseph
- The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (2000) - Average Grandpa
- Soulkeeper (2001) - Smokey
- Island Prey (2001) - Doctor
- Exorcism (2003) - Father John Lansing
- Imaginary Heroes (2004) - Kenny
- The Invisible (2007) - Morris (uncredited)
- Brotherhood of Blood (2007) - Paul Cramer
- Plot 7 (2007) - Granpa Joe
- Lower Learning (2008) - Old Curt
- Farm House (2008) - Dark One / Dr. Miller
- How to Be a Serial Killer (2008) - Mr. Wilson
- Four Christmases (2008) - Grandpa
- Gurdian (2009) - Abraham
- All About Evil (2010) - Mr. Twigs
- Anderson's Cross (2010) - Dr. Landry
- Vampire (2010) - Dr. William Bassett
- J. Edgar (2011) - Edgar's Father
- Underground (2011) - Gunther
- My Funny Valentine (2012) - Mr. Triffalette
- Night of the Templar (2013) - The Grand Master
- A New York Heartbeat (2013) - Big Didi
- Dumbbells (2014) - Old Man Buzz
- 2 Bedroom 1 Bath (2014) - Old Man Thompson
- Anatomy of Deception (2014) - Travis
- Unbelievable!!!!! (2018) - Jack Donner
- Caretakers (2018) - Mr. Joseph Stone