Jac van Steen
In the Netherlands, van Steen was conductor and music director of the Nijmegen Bach Choir from 1986 to 1990. From 1989 to 1994, he was the Music Director of Het Nationale Ballet in Amsterdam. Since 1992, he has been on the faculty at the Royal Conservatory of music and dance in The Hague. Currently, in collaboration with fellow conductors Kenneth Montgomery and Ed Spanjaard at the Royal Conservatory in The Hague, he manages a course in conducting, to which only two students are admitted annually.
Between 1997 and 2002, van Steen was Chief Conductor of the Nuremberg Symphony Orchestra. He has also served as Music Director of the Neues Berliner Kammerorchester. Between 2002 and 2005 he was Music Director of Deutsches Nationaltheater Weimar and Chief Conductor of the Staatskapelle Weimar. Van Steen was chief conductor of the Orchester Musikkollegium Winterthur from 2002 to 2008. Between 2008 and 2013, he was Generalmusikdirektor of the Dortmunder Philharmoniker (Dortmund Philharmonic Orchestra).
In the UK, van Steen was Principal Guest Conductor of the BBC National Orchestra of Wales between 2005 and 2013. In May 2014, the Ulster Orchestra named van Steen its next principal guest conductor, effective September 2014. Van Steen has frequently been broadcast by the BBC, and has recorded many CDs with various of the orchestras he has directed.
- Mischa Spel (15 December 2016). "'Dirigeren maakt iets los, er gaat iets in je stromen' (conducting unleashes something, something flows in you)". NRC Handelsblad. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- Rian Evans (23 May 2005). "BBCNOW/Van Steen (Brangwyn Hall, Swansea)". The Guardian. Retrieved 7 September 2008.
- Rian Evans (1 May 2007). "BBCNOW/Van Steen (St David's Hall, Cardiff)". The Guardian. Retrieved 7 September 2008.
- "Maestro van Steen announced as new Principal Guest Conductor" (Press release). Ulster Orchestra. May 2014. Archived from the original on 11 July 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Ulster Orchestra welcomes renowned Dutch conductor". Larne Times. 13 May 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Jac van Steen philharmonia.co.uk, accessed 24 March 2018
| Chief Conductor, Nürnberger Symphoniker
George Alexander Albrecht
| Chief Conductor, Staatskapelle Weimar
| Chief Conductor, Orchester Musikkollegium Winterthur
| Generalmusikdirektor, Dortmunder Philharmoniker
|This article about a Dutch conductor or bandleader is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|