JMI Equity is a growth equity firm focused on investing in leading software companies. Founded in 1992, JMI has invested in over 140 businesses in its target markets, successfully completed over 90 exits, and raised over $4 billion of committed capital. JMI IX closed in December 2018 with $1.2 billion of committed capital. JMI VIII closed in August 2014 with $1 billion of committed capital. JMI VII closed in November 2010 with $875 million of committed capital. JMI VI closed in July 2007 with $600 million of committed capital. Current and prior investment holdings include, ServiceNow (NYSE: NOW), DoubleClick (acquired by Google), Kronos, Eloqua (acquired by Oracle), and Adaptive Insights (acquired by Workday).
|Headquarters||Baltimore, Maryland, San Diego, California, United States|
In 1992, JMI was founded by Charles Noell and Harry Gruner with initial limited partner funding provided by John Moores, the founder and former Chairman and CEO of BMC Software. Prior to 1992, Noell and Gruner managed some of the largest and highest-profile information technology mergers, acquisitions and IPOs of the 1980s and early 1990s including Microsoft and Oracle while at Alex. Brown & Sons, Inc. While JMI’s General Partners continue to be significant investors, JMI has expanded its investor base to include leading pension funds, financial institutions, endowments, family offices and other investors.
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Current and past investment holdings in notable companies include:
- Intelex Technologies, Inc.
- Applied Systems
- automotiveMastermind (acquired by IHS Markit)
- Axeda (acquired by PTC)
- BigMachines (acquired by IBM)
- Blackbaud, Inc. (NASDAQ: BLKB)
- Capsule Tech (acquired by Qualcomm)
- DoubleClick, Inc. (acquired by Google)
- EMS Software, LLC (formerly Dean Evans & Associates, Inc.) (acquired by Accruent)
- Halogen Software, Inc. (IPO; acquired by Saba Software)
- Kronos, Inc.
- Navicure (acquired by Bain Capital)
- Nimsoft, Inc. (acquired by CA)
- Seismic Software
- ServiceNow (NYSE: NOW)
- "JMI Equity Closes $1.2 Billion Growth Equity Fund". JMI Equity. 2018-12-11. Retrieved 2019-01-30.
- "JMI Equity Raises $1 Billion Growth Equity Fund". JMI Equity. 2014-08-20. Retrieved 2019-01-30.
- JMI Closes $600M Private Equity Fund (AltAssets, 2007)
- DoubleClick Agrees to $1.1 Billion Buyout (TechWeb Technology News, 2005)
- Buyout Deal for Kronos (New York Times, 2007)
- "Adaptive Insights Closes $75 Million Investment to Power New Era of Corporate Performance Management for Modern Finance Leaders". JMI Equity. 2015-06-30. Retrieved 2019-01-30.