J. C. Jackson
Jerald Christopher Jackson (born November 17, 1995) is an American football cornerback for the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the Maryland Terrapins. Following the 2017 NCAA football season, Jackson declared for the 2018 NFL Draft and participated in the 2018 NFL Scouting Combine.
|No. 27 – New England Patriots|
|Born:||November 17, 1995|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||198 lb (90 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Jackson originally signed with Florida, but injured his shoulder in the opening game, and didn't play the rest of the season. He was able to use this as a redshirt year. Following his acquittal for armed robbery, he did not return to Florida.
While Jackson was attending Riverside, Jackson was coveted by college teams including South Florida and South Carolina. He eventually started practicing with Maryland in April, and later transferred there for the 2016 season. After the 2017 season, Jackson announced that he would forgo his senior season and declared for the 2018 NFL Draft.
After declaring for the draft, Jackson was invited to the 2018 NFL scouting combine.
New England PatriotsEdit
Jackson went undrafted in the 2018 NFL Draft, and signed with the New England Patriots as an undrafted free agent on May 11, 2018. After a stellar training camp and preseason performance, Jackson was named to the Patriots' Week 1 53-man roster. In a Week 4 victory over the Miami Dolphins, Jackson recorded the first interception of his career on a throw from Ryan Tannehill. He recorded his second career interception during a Week 7 road win over the Chicago Bears. He recorded his first career start during a Week 13 victory over the Minnesota Vikings, playing in 54 of the team's 61 defensive snaps. Jackson finished the 2018 season with 24 tackles, 6 passes defensed and 3 interceptions. Jackson helped the Patriots reach Super Bowl LIII and won 13-3 against the Los Angeles Rams.
On April 18, 2015, Jackson was arrested in connection with an armed robbery. He was later formally charged with 3 counts of home invasion with a deadly weapon and 1 count of burglary of an occupied dwelling. On November 14, 2015, Jackson was found not guilty of all charges.
- "NFL Draft & Combine Profile - J.C. JACKSON". www.nfl.com. Retrieved April 23, 2018.
- "NFL: Immokalee's J.C. Jackson goes from undrafted to New England Patriots". Naples Daily News. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- Jackson, Luke (December 28, 2017). "Former Terps Cornerback JC Jackson 'Was A Man On A Mission' At Maryland". Retrieved February 28, 2018.
- "A series of life-threatening events didn't halt J.C. Jackson's NFL dreams". DBK News. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- Stubbs, Roman (August 10, 2016). "J.C. Jackson, once sidetracked by legal issues, is practicing with Maryland football". Washington Post. Retrieved February 28, 2018.
- Bartow, Ryan (July 24, 2016). "Jackson arriving at Maryland this week". 247 Sports. Retrieved February 28, 2018.
- Stubbs, Roman (December 10, 2017). "Maryland defensive back JC Jackson will skip senior year to enter NFL draft". Washington Post. Retrieved February 28, 2018.
- Markus, Don (February 7, 2018). "Maryland's DJ Moore, JC Jackson invited to NFL scouting combine". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- Handel, Craig (April 28, 2018). "NFL Draft: Immokalee's J.C. Jackson signs with Patriots as free agent after not being picked". Naples Daily News. Retrieved April 29, 2018.
- "Patriots sign six of nine 2018 NFL Draft selections; Sign nine rookie free agents; Release OL Tony Garcia". Patriots.com. May 11, 2018. Archived from the original on May 12, 2018.
- "Former Terp JC Jackson grabbed his first NFL interception on Sunday". DBK News. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- "Patriots rookie J.C. Jackson showed a gift of grab vs. Bears - The Boston Globe". BostonGlobe.com. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- "Patriots defensive snaps". twitter.com. Retrieved December 3, 2018.
- "J.C. Jackson Stats, News, Bio". ESPN. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- Thompson, Edgar (April 19, 2015). "UF football player J.C. Jackson arrested in connection with armed robbery". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved February 28, 2018.
- Thompson, Edgar (July 20, 2015). "Ex-Gator J.C. Jackson formally charged in connection with April 18 armed robbery". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved February 28, 2018.
- "Ex-Florida player J.C. Jackson found not guilty in robbery case". Orlando Sentinel. November 14, 2015. Retrieved February 28, 2018.