Maria Izabel Goulart Dourado (born October 23, 1984) is a Brazilian fashion model. She is best known as having been one of the Victoria's Secret Angels from 2005 to 2008 and for her work with Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and Armani Exchange.
Goulart in 2017
Maria Izabel Goulart Dourado
23 October 1984
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
Early life and careerEdit
Goulart was born in São Carlos, São Paulo. She is of Portuguese and Italian descent, and has four brothers and one sister. Goulart once said, "the hardest part about being [a Victoria's Secret Angel] is I spend time away from my mom's food and away from my home with my five brothers and sister". School was a particularly rough time for Goulart, as she was made fun of for her skinny build and was called names such as "giraffe".
While shopping for groceries with her mother at age 14, a hairstylist suggested that she should become a model. She moved to the state capital, São Paulo, and started modeling, moving to France shortly afterwards to develop her career. Goulart returned to São Paulo in August 2001 (aged 17), where she joined former agency Success. Her career in the Brazilian fashion world was launched by Ney Alves, currently the director of Major Models Brazil.
During Goulart's first ever fashion show appearance, she experienced a wardrobe malfunction when her top fell open. The incident made many Brazilian newspapers. She eventually put this event behind her and returned to the runway to model collections for A-list designers such as Alberta Ferretti, Bill Blass, Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Isabel Marant, Givenchy, Altuzarra, Oscar de la Renta, Valentino, Balmain, Jil Sander, Chanel, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, Emilio Pucci, Dolce and Gabbana, Emanuel Ungaro, Loewe, Roberto Cavalli and Stella McCartney, among others. Goulart has also modeled for H&M, Express, Neiman Marcus, Missoni and DSquared².
In 2005, Goulart appeared on the covers of the April edition of Marie Claire France and, in December, Vogue Brazil. She first appeared in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2005, the year she was contracted as an Angel. She received a star on the Hollywood "Walk of Fame" prior to the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2007. Although she is no longer an Angel, Goulart walked in the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows. In 2008, she replaced fellow Victoria's Secret Angel Alessandra Ambrosio as the face of A/X Armani Exchange and she was featured in three seasonal print campaigns for the label.
In 2010, Goulart appeared on the cover of the October issue for GQ Mexico, Vogue Brasil and appeared in a campaign for Avon. In the same year, she was voted the best international top model by the magazine Glamour Mexico.
In 2011, Goulart appeared in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. She can be seen in the spring/summer 2011 campaign for Dolce and Gabbana, the Pre-Fall 2011 campaign for Givenchy, Yamamay's 10th Anniversary Collection and the Fall/Winter 2011 campaign for DKNY Jeans. The same year, she ranked number 100 in FHM magazine's list of the 100 Sexiest Women In The World. She also appeared on one of the four covers of Elle Brasil.
In February 2012, she was photographed by Dusan Reljin for Vogue Spain, and later that year by Mario Testino, again for Vogue Spain, in an editorial entitled "Las majas", which also featured Alessandra Ambrosio, Doutzen Kroes, Miranda Kerr and Isabeli Fontana. In November, she was recognised as "Fashion Personality of the Year" by the Brazilian magazine Isto é Gente, and she also appeared on the cover of Glamour Brazil in December 2012.
In mid-2013, she became the face of MAC Cosmetics Tropical Taboo range and she was photographed by Zee Nunes for the October edition of Vogue Brazil in an editorial entitled "Olympiada Fashion". Later that year she appeared in a campaign for Agua De Coco promoting its spring/summer 2014 beachwear collection. She also appeared on the cover of GQ Portugal in December 2013, after she was elected as the magazine's "International Woman of the Year" in May of that year.
In 2007, Goulart won the Cool Magazine's "Toshiba Cool Planet Award" in the category of "Best Model". As a Victoria's Secret Angel, she was chosen as one of People magazine's annual "100 Most Beautiful People in the World" in May 2007.
She can speak Portuguese, English and French.
Goulart, whose youngest brother, Guillerme, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 1, does charitable work, helping hospitals in her native Brazil to raise money to provide free insulin for diabetic children in need. She also has taken an active role with the Diabetes Research Institute (DRI) at the University of Miami, a recognized leader in cure-focused research. In 2009, Goulart became the DRI's international ambassador and in that role helps to promote the work of the DRI throughout her travels.
In 2006, she began dating Brazilian businessman Marcelo H. L. da Costa. The couple were engaged in 2009, but ended their relationship after eight years. In 2015, she began dating German footballer Kevin Trapp, the goalkeeper for Eintracht Frankfurt. On July 5, 2018, they became engaged.
- Goulart appeared in an episode of Two and a Half Men (season 4, episode 9: "Corey's Been Dead for an Hour").
- She made a guest appearance in the thirteenth episode of Season 3 of Entourage alongside fellow Angel Alessandra Ambrosio.
- Goulart was featured at the end of the 2016 Summer Olympics closing ceremony in Rio. The ceremony ended with a fireworks display and a tribute to Rio's signature event, the Carnival, which showcased Brazil's musical dance culture. The 250-person strong parade was led by Izabel Goulart and street cleaner Renato Sorriso, with the carnival anthem Cidade Maravilhosa playing in the background.
- "Portfolio at Women Management, New York". Archived from the original on 2013-12-02. Retrieved 2013-11-25.
- Profile at Models.com; retrieved on 16 May 2007.
- "Behind the Scenes with a Victoria's Secret Angel". Retrieved 2007-12-16.
- "Victoria's Scarring Secrets: Teased for Being Too Skinny". Fox News. 2007-11-30. Retrieved 2007-12-16.
- Modelomania, All about the lives of models Retrieved on 2013-12-3
- "Izabel Goulart Biography Archived 2007-07-15 at the Wayback Machine". askmen.com. Retrieved on 2007-05-16.
- "Izabel Goulart". Fashion Model Directory.
- "Pop Tarts: Victoria's Secret Angels Have Ugly Days ... Except Adriana Lima". FoxNews.com. 15 November 2007. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Armani Exchange 08. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- Top Glamour Awards 2010
- Izabel Goulart | Models.com Database
- 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2011 Archived 2012-07-29 at Archive.today, FHM magazine.
- The Leap of Chameleon, Isto é Gente magazine. Retrieved 15 January 2014
- Izabel Goulart was elected Woman of the Year by GQ Portugal GQ Brazil (27 November 2013). Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "The Models of Victoria's Secret Archived 2007-10-30 at the Wayback Machine", People. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- Model Behaviour: Izabel Goulart - GQ.com (11 October 2011). Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "Supermodel Izabel Goulart Parts With Diabetes Research Institute Foundation as International Ambassador". Diabetes Research Institute. 2009-04-24. Archived from the original on 2009-12-17. Retrieved 2009-12-18.
- "Diva Izabel Goulart". CARAS (in Portuguese). 1 November 2013. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Izabel Goulart reata seu namoro com o empresário Marcelo Costa". CARAS (in Portuguese). 24 May 2012. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Izabel Goulart mostra corpo incrível em dia de folga em Ibiza". revistaquem.globo.com. 24 June 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Supermodel Izabel Goulart Is Engaged to Soccer Player Kevin Trapp: See Her Ring" (5 July 2018). Yahoo! News. Retrieved 13 September 2019.
- Izabel Goulart fica noiva de Kevin Trapp, goleiro do Paris Saint-German (in Portuguese)
- "Two and a Half Men". imdb.com. Retrieved on 2007-11-25.
- "Rio Olympics 2016: Spectacular closing ceremony as Olympic flag goes to Tokyo". BBC Sport. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Izabel Goulart.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Izabel Goulart|
- Official website
- Izabel Goulart at Fashion Model Directory
- Izabel Goulart on IMDb
- Izabel Goulart on Models.com