Iwa Kusuma, also known as Iwa K (born 25 October 1970) is Indonesian rapper, singer, songwriter, TV presenter, and actor.
|Birth name||Iwa Kusuma|
|Born||25 October 1970|
Kusuma was born in Jakarta, Indonesia. He was a pioneer in Indonesian hip hop music and since his successful career in 1990s, he has become an icon of the nation's hip hop music genre. He began his musical career in the late 1980s. He is the first Indonesian rapper to have released a full-length album (Kuingin Kembali in 1992). He is also the best selling Indonesian rapper to date. Iwa has won an Indonesian Music Award for Best Rap Performance in 1999. His album with Guest Band, Ta'kan, gained a place at #131 in Rolling Stone Indonesia magazine's "150 Greatest Indonesian Albums of All Time" list. His debut solo album, Ku Ingin Kembali, also included in the list at #117. One of his songs, "Bebas" (1995) ranked #36 in Rolling Stone's "150 Greatest Indonesian Songs of All Time" list.
- Ta'kan (1991)
- Ku Ingin Kembali (1993)
- Topeng (album) (1994)
- Kramotak (1996)
- Mesin Imajinasi (1998)
- Vini Vidy Vunky (2002)
- Yang Tak Terpisahkan (2009)
- "Iwa K and His Cinere Posse". Indonesian Observer. 1997. Retrieved 19 May 2010.
- "1999 Winners". Tembang.com. 2000. Archived from the original on 3 January 2010. Retrieved 2 July 2010.
- Rolling Stone Special Edition: 150 Greatest Indonesian Albums of All Time (in Indonesian) (32nd ed.). Rolling Stone Indonesia. 2007.
- Rolling Stone Special Edition: 150 Greatest Indonesian Songs of All Time (in Indonesian) (56th ed.). Rolling Stone Indonesia. 2009.