Ivana Banfić (Croatian pronunciation: [ǐʋana bâːnfitɕ]); born 16 November 1969) is a Croatian dancer and pop singer. She became famous under the stage name I BEE in the 1990s during the period of popularity of dance music in Croatia.
|Also known as||I BEE|
|Born||16 November 1969|
Zagreb, SR Croatia, Yugoslavia
Banfić was born in Zagreb. She released her first album in 1991. Her numbers were remembered for sexually provocative lyrics and elaborate choreography. Her well-known hit was "Šumica", a song about nude swimming.
She also took part in a hugely successful duet with Bosnian vocalist Dino Merlin called "Godinama" in 2000, a song which achieved popularity throughout the former Yugoslavia. The song won a Porin Award for Hit of the Year in 2001.
- "Ivana Banfić opet je I Bee i vraća se na klupsku scenu". Večernji list (in Croatian). 9 October 2010. Retrieved 25 November 2010.
- "Ivana Banfić I Bee". discogs. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- "Ivana Banfić: Nemam tremu, pjevanje je kao vožnja bicikla". Jutarnji list (in Croatian). 18 March 2010. Retrieved 25 November 2010.
|Awards and achievements|
Tifa & Makadam
| Sunčane Skale winner
- "Vozy Me Polako" (Suzy), 1991)
- "Žena Devedesetih" (Menart, 1999)
- "Ona Zna" (Menart, 2001)
- "Glamour" (Menart, 2003)
- "Vjerujem" (Dallas Records, 2006)
|This article on a Croatian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- https://www.discogs.com/artist/1415350-Ivana-Banfi%C4%87 Ivana Banfić discography