Ivan Khristoforovich Gevorkyan, born Hovannes Khachaturi Gevorkyan (Armenian: Հովհաննես Խաչատուրի Գևորգյան; Russian: Иван Христофорович Геворкян; March 28, 1907 – October 19, 1989), was a Soviet Armenian surgeon and scientist who published 10 monographs and more than 230 scientific papers. His main research was dedicated to anesthesia, blood transfusion, the treatment of endarteritis of extremities and other surgical illnesses.
Ivan Khristoforovich Gevorkyan
March 28, 1907
|Died||October 19, 1989 (aged 82)|
|Awards||Order of the Red Star (1) |
Order of the Red Banner of Labour (1)
|Alma mater||Leningrad Medical University|
|Discipline||Medicine, Surgery, Science|
|Institutions||Yerevan Medical Institute|
Ivan Gevorkyan was born in the village Karmir, near the city of Gavar in Armenia. He graduated from medical school in Leningrad in 1930. During World War II he was a military surgeon, and from 1943, he served as the Chief Surgeon of Yerevan Military Hospital.
From 1952-1979 Gevorkyan was the chairman of the Department of Surgery of Yerevan State Medical Institute. Under his leadership 10 doctoral and 30 master's theses were completed. In 1961 he was named an honored scientist of the Armenian SSR. In 1962 Professor Gevorkyan was elected to the ASSR Academy of Sciences as a Corresponding Member, and in 1963 he was elected a member of the Surgeon's International Society in Rome. For many years Gevorkyan performed the duties of chief surgeon of Armenia and was a founder of the Armenian Surgical Association. He was awarded the Order of the Red Banner, the Order of the Red Star, and a number of other medals.
List of main worksEdit
- Intra-arterial Medication Use in Surgery (1958), Published in Moscow, Russia
- Blood Flow Velocity in the Pathology of Limb Vessels (1976)
- Obliterating Endarteritis of Extremities, 152 c. silt. 26 cm, Yerevan Publishing House of the Armenian SSR in 1978
- Handbook for the management of patients with certain acute surgical diseases of the abdomen: (Students of Art. Courses and doctors) / Gevorkyan IH, 140 p. 20 cm, Yerevan Scientific-method. Room. Ministry of Higher Education of the Armenian SSR in 1981
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma (1984)
- Regional Infusion of drugs in the prevention and treatment of complex surgical infection / I. H. Gevorkyan
136,  p. silt. Yerevan Hayastan 1987
- Postoperative Adhesive Small Bowel Obstruction, Its Detection, Treatment, and Prevention / IH Gevorkyan, Armenian SSR Academy of Sciences, Institute of Physiology. Orbeli, 103. silt. 20 cm, Yerevan Academy of Sciences of Armenian SSR, 1990
- "National Academy of Sciences of Armenia". Sci.am. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
- "Иван Христофорович Геворкян" (PDF). Журнал экспериментальной и клинической медицины. 7: 3–5. 1977.
- АН Арм.ССР. Персональный состав. 1943-1983. Ер., 1984
- "Department of Surgery No2". Ysmu.am. Archived from the original on 2014-01-08. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
- Геворкян Иван Христофорович — Энциклопедия фонда "Хайазг" (in Russian). Ru.hayazg.info. Retrieved 2013-09-09.