It Can't Be!
«It Can't Be!» (Russian: Не может быть!, romanized: Ne mozhet byt'!) is a 1975 Soviet comedy film directed by Leonid Gaidai. It consists of three short stories, based on the works of Mikhail Zoshchenko comedy «Crime and Punishment», «Fun Adventure» and «Wedding Event».
|It Can't Be!|
|Directed by||Leonid Gaidai|
|Written by||Vladlen Bahnov|
|Based on||«Crime and Punishment», «Fun Adventure» and «Wedding Event»|
by Mikhail Zoshchenko
|Music by||Aleksandr Zatsepin|
Experimental Creative Association
Crime and PunishmentEdit
In the first novel describes the complexity of the shop manager Gorbushkin living in Soviet times, the end of the 1920s on unearned income. Being called to the investigator, he thoroughly believes that this will not bring anything good. These thoughts go to his wife and brother-in-law. Anna Vasilyevna, who, in order to prevent the inevitable confiscations of property urgently sell everything that was acquired by «back-breaking» labor. In addition, Anna V. hastily divorces with the main character and marries a neighbor, Vitaly Borisovich. And Gorbushkin, who is only called as a witness (a week before he still got arrested), returns in a good mood back home.
- Mikhail Pugovkin — Gorbushkin, store manager
- Nina Grebeshkova — Anna Vasilyevna, Gorbushkin's wife
- Vyacheslav Nevinny — Gorbushkin's brother-in-law, beer seller
- Mikhail Svetin — Vitaly Borisovich Bananov, Gorbushkin's neighbour
- Radner Muratov — militiaman
- Lev Polyakov — investigator
- Natalya Krachkovskaya — buyer of paintings
- Igor Yasulovich — Lyolik, buyer of paintings' husband
- Georgy Svetlani — beer lover
- Viktor Uralsky — little man with a pig
- Vladimir Gulyaev — the one-eyed furniture buyer
- Eduard Bredun — assistant buyer of furniture
The following short story of the film shows the intricacies of extramarital relations. Heading into the weekend supposedly to work, but in reality to his mistress, and sometimes hard to imagine that her husband's mistress could be lover lover friend, neighbor, friend and lover in the communal - a lover of your own wife. In the end, all six characters is purely coincidental, with interesting circumstances intersect together and gathered around the table, trying to find a way out of this situation, but in the end did not need and did not come. In any case, such a conclusion can be drawn from rolling in extreme caricature dispute sixes at the table.
- Oleg Dahl — Anatoly (a.k.a. Anatole) Barygin-Amurskiy
- Svetlana Kryuchkova — Zinaida (a.k.a. Zinulya), Nicholas's wife
- Mikhail Kokshenov — Sophia's neighbor
- Natalya Seleznyova — Tatiana (a.k.a. Tanya) Barygin-Amurskya, Anatoly's wife
- Evgeny Zharikov — Nicholas (a.k.a. Coca), Zinaida's husband
- Larisa Eryomina — Sophia (a.k.a. Sofochka), Zinaida's girlfriend and «former ballerina of noblewomen»
- Zoya Isayeva — Sophia's neighbor, wash clothes in the basin
- Elena Volskaya — flower-girl
- Georgi Yumatov — passer-by with a bulldog
In the final novel by the young man, Vladimir Zavitushkin, fails to offer a hand and heart, he comes to his own wedding, where he can not find a bride - before they met only on the street, and he memorized her in winter clothes. Attempts to discreetly find out who of the women present is his future wife, lead to unpredictable consequences - the bridegroom takes the bride (and she does have a daughter (and not one) - very little) for her mother.
- Leonid Kuravlyov — Vladimir Zavitushkin, groom
- Valentina Telichkina — Catherine, Zavitushkin's bride
- Lyudmila Shagalova — mother of Catherine
- Georgy Vitsin — father of Catherine
- Savely Kramarov — Sergei Ivanovich (a.k.a. Seryoga), Zavitushkin's friend, womanizer and heartthrob
- Svetlana Kharitonova — Elmira, Catherine's girlfriend, always says: «enchanting!»
- Sergey Filippov — singer
- Natalya Krachkovskaya — 1st guest
- Igor Yasulovich — 2nd guest
- Eve Kivi — wife of Ivan Izrailevich
- Gotlib Roninson — Ivan Izrailevich, one of the guests
- Klara Rumyanova — one of the wedding guests
Locations and propsEdit
Crime and PunishmentEdit
- Gorbushkin's homeownership — Astrakhan, Jean Jaurès Street.
- The song «Ruins people not beer» — Astrakhan, «Tatar-Bazaar».
- The church, which is seen in the background behind the fence of Gorbushkin's homeownership — Astrakhan, Church of St. John Chrysostom. Subsequently, at the church bell tower was restored.
- The car with the detainees traveling on the only place in the city so far (at the beginning of 2015) preserved real ancient cobblestones (the same place and the same church featured in the movie My Friend Ivan Lapshin).
- «The prosecutor's office» — Astrakhan, Kuybyshev's Street, Gubin's House. During the filming there was Astrakhan Palace of Pioneers A.I. Gubin's House, and the window of the investigator - Astrakhan Kremlin.
- The song about Cupid — Astrakhan, Nikolskaya Street. During the filming, it was called Rosa Luxemburg's Street.
- The fall cat from eave — Astrakhan, Fioletov's Street.
- Quay where Anatole bought flowers — Astrakhan, promenade «Seventeenth marina».
- Boarding the bus Anatole and Zinaida — Astrakhan, Nikolskaya Street.