Israel at the 2014 Winter Olympics
|Israel at the|
2014 Winter Olympics
|NOC||Olympic Committee of Israel|
|Competitors||5 in 3 sports|
|Flag bearer||Vladislav Bykanov (opening|
|Winter Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Short track speed skating||1||0||1|
According to the quota allocation released on January 20, 2014 Israel had qualified two athletes, however only one athlete was selected to compete. Virgile Vandeput missed both races he was entered in, as he was injured during training.
|Athlete||Event||Run 1||Run 2||Total|
|Virgile Vandeput||Men's giant slalom||DNS|
Three skaters qualified to represent Israel. Alexei Bychenko finished the men's singles competition in 21st out of 30 competitors. Andrea Davidovich and Evgeni Krasnopolski finished the pairs skating competition in 15th place out of 20 pairs.
|Alexei Bychenko||Men's singles||62.44||22 Q||114.62||21||177.06||21|
|Andrea Davidovich / Evgeni Krasnopolski||Pairs skating||53.38||15 Q||94.35||15||147.73||15|
Short track speed skatingEdit
|Vladislav Bykanov||500 m||41.769||3||Did not advance||19|
|1000 m||1:27.796||3||Did not advance||24|
|1500 m||2:21.163||4||N/A||Did not advance||25|
Bradley Chalupski attempted to qualify in skeleton but had difficulty convincing the Israeli Olympic Committee to allow him to do so. A group of female alpine skiers also competed and qualified, but Israel decided not to use its quota it earned.
- Sinai, Allon (6 February 2014). "Five Israeli athletes set to compete in Sochi". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "Sochi 2014 Opening Ceremony - Flagbearers" (PDF). olympic.org. Sochi 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Organizing Committee. 7 February 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Sochi 2014 Closing Ceremony - Flagbearers" (PDF). The International Olympic Committee (IOC). February 23, 2014. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- Sinai, Allon (26 November 2013). "Israel announces its 5-athlete delegation to Sochi Olympics". Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- "Summary of Quota allocation as per 20.01.2014" (PDF). www.fis-ski.com. FIS. 20 January 2014. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- Sinai, Allon (20 February 2014). "Israeli skier Vandeput misses Giant Slalom due to late leg injury". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Israeli figure skater Alexei Bychenko comes in 21st place in Sochi finals". Reuters. The Jerusalem Post. 15 February 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- Wiener, Julie (13 February 2014). "Israeli skaters perform better than expected". The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "XXII Olympic Winter Games 2014 Sochi - Entries Short Track Speed Skating". International Skating Union. 22 November 2013. Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- Sinai, Allon (19 February 2014). "Israel's Bykanov comes up short on the skate track". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- Kamin, Debra (15 August 2013). "An Israeli sledder finds his Olympic dream put on ice". The Times of Israel. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Goldman, Ilan (18 March 2013). "At world alpine championship, the hills are alive with Israeli skiers". Haaretz. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Israel at the 2014 Winter Olympics.|