Islip High School
Islip High School is the public high school in Islip, in Suffolk County, New York on the South Shore of Long Island. The principal is Mr. LaRochester and the assistant principals are Mr. Curtis Juengerkes and Ms. Lisa Ward. The complete lists of current and past graduates, Regents exam scores, and other important information can be found on the New York State School Information Report Comprehensive School Report, as well as on Newsday.com, as current as the 2010-2011 school year.
|Islip High School|
2508 Union Blvd
Islip, New York
|School district||Islip School District|
|NCES School ID||361554001324|
|Faculty||86.22 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.52|
|Color(s)||Purple and Gold|
|Website||Islip High School|
The curriculum at the Islip high School includes all academic areas, as well as art, music, and technology. Beginning at the Middle School level, honors classes are offered in English, social studies, mathematics, science, Italian, and Spanish. Advanced Placement courses are offered in, including but not limited to, Art History, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, US History, European History, US Government and Politics, Human Geography, Calculus AB, Statistics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics 1 & 2, Environmental Science, Seminar, Research, and the Italian and Spanish Languages. The High School also offers dual credit options through affiliations with Suffolk County Community College (Math & Music), Farmingdale State College (Business & Technology), Hofstra (Engineering), and St. John's University (Italian, Business, & Science).
The school offers multiple music groups, including concert band, wind ensemble, marching band, jazz band, chamber orchestra, concert orchestra, chorus, music theory, and performing arts. Alongside the performing arts class musical production, there is also an annual musical production.
- Little Shop of Horrors (musical) - 2020/2021 (performing arts class production)
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat -2020
- Mamma Mia! (musical) - 2019/2020 (performing arts class production)
- Grease (musical) - 2019
- The Little Mermaid (musical) - 2018/2019 (performing arts class production)
- Pippin (musical)- 2018 (performing arts class production)
- Legally Blonde (musical)- 2018
- The Wiz- 2017
- Into the Woods - 2016/2017 (Performing Arts Class production)
- The Sound of Music - 2016 (Performing Arts Class production)
- Big Fish (musical) -2016
- Catch Me If You Can (musical) - 2015 (Long Island Premier)
- Footloose (musical) - 2014
- Beauty and the Beast (musical) - 2013
- Little Shop of Horrors (musical) - 2012
Islip’s performing arts students have also won Teeny Awards from the Islip Arts Counsel. Past winners include Nicholas D’Auria (Supporting Actor in a musical, 2019) and Antonia Castronova (Best Cameo actress in a Musical , Best Supporting Actress in a musical )
- "Islip High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 18 December 2019.
Total Students: 993 (2017–2018)
- "ISLIP HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 18, 2019.
- "Islip High School". New York State Education Department. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Islip High School". Newsday. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Islip School District". Islip School District. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- Marcus, Steven (July 9, 2014). "Tom Veryzer dead, LIer had 12-year career in majors". Newsday. Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- "Islip Youth Wins Award". County Review. 2 July 1942.
- Pereira, Mary E. (26 Oct 2003). "Islip High School Cafeteria Earns Recognition". Newsday.