Isaiah Dwayne Hicks (born July 24, 1994) is an American professional basketball player who last played for the New York Knicks of the NBA. He played college basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels.
Hicks playing for the Westchester Knicks
|Born||July 13, 1994|
Oxford, North Carolina
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||230 lb (104 kg)|
|High school||J. F. Webb (Oxford, North Carolina)|
|College||North Carolina (2013–2017)|
|NBA draft||2017 / Undrafted|
|2017–2019||New York Knicks|
|Career highlights and awards|
High school and college careerEdit
At the conclusion of his junior season, he received the ACC's Sixth Man of the Year Award. He scored 17 points in UNC's 103-64 win over Texas Southern in the first round of the NCAA tournament, but afterward averaged six points per game and did not score in double figures in UNC's last four games. Hicks scored 13 points and had 9 rebounds in the Tar Heels victory over Gonzaga in the 2017 National Championship game.
After going undrafted in the 2017 NBA draft, Hicks was signed by the Charlotte Hornets to their training camp roster. He was released on October 13, 2017, as one of the teams final preseason roster cuts.
On October 20, 2017, he signed a two-way contract with the New York Knicks via their NBA G League affiliate the Westchester Knicks. Hicks made his NBA debut on February 8, 2018, against the Toronto Raptors. Hicks would sign a second two-way contract with the Knicks on July 3.
On June 30, 2019, Hicks signed with the Hornets for the summer league.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "McDonald's All American® 2O13 Team". McDonaldsAllAmerican.com. Retrieved March 29, 2013.
- "Isaiah Hicks returned to UNC for this moment, but Tar Heels wait for him to arrive". The News and Observer. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- "A new ending for UNC's Isaiah Hicks, who saved his Final Four best for last". The News and Observer. Retrieved April 5, 2017.
- "Charlotte Hornets Waive Four Players". NBA.com. October 13, 2017. Retrieved October 14, 2017.
- "Knicks sign Isaiah Hicks to two-way contract". InsideHoops.com. October 20, 2017. Retrieved October 21, 2017.
- "Knicks vs. Raptors - Box Score". ESPN.com. February 8, 2018. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "Knicks Sign Isaiah Hicks and Allonzo Trier to Two-Way Contracts". NBA.com. July 3, 2018. Retrieved February 10, 2019.
- "UNC Basketball Alumni: Meeks, Hicks to play for Charlotte". Keeping it Heel. Retrieved July 1, 2019.