Irish Jam is a 2006 comedy film starring Eddie Griffin. The plot centred on an African American who wins an Irish public house in a raffle, and has to save the village from the clutches of an evil landlord. Despite the bulk of the film being set in Ireland it was not filmed there, nor were the actors Irish, but English.
Promotional movie poster
|Directed by||John Eyres|
|Produced by||Donald A. Barton|
|Written by||John Eyres|
The film was poorly received in the UK. In its review of the DVD release, Empire called it a "worst possible Eddie Murphy knock-off" and questioned why would Ireland still have had an evil aristocratic English landlord in 2006.
- Eddie Griffin as Jimmy Winston "Da Jam"
- Anna Friel as Maureen Duffy
- Kevin R. McNally as Lord Hailstock
- Tom Georgeson as Father James Duffy
- Dudley Sutton as Pat Duffy
- Tallulah Pitt-Brown as Kathleen Duffy
- Tony Maudsley as Brian McNulty
- Roger Ashton-Griffiths as Tom Flannery
- Marion O'Dwyer as Donna
- Vass Anderson as Mr. Pettikreep
- Petey Pablo as Jimmy's street pot customer
- Mo'Nique as "Psycho"
|This film article about a 2000s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|