2008 Iowa House of Representatives election
The 2008 Iowa House of Representatives election were held on November 4, 2008. The Iowa House, like the United States House of Representatives, is up for re-election in its entirety every two years. Prior to the election, the Democrats were in the majority - this marked the first time in 42 years that the Democrats had controlled both branches of the Iowa General Assembly and the Governor's Office. Democrats retained this majority following the 2008 elections.
|Iowa House: pre-election||Seats|
|Democratic held and uncontested||10|
|Republican held and uncontested||6|
|Iowa House: post-election||Seats|
- "State of Iowa - Senate Journal - Monday, January 8, 2007". State of Iowa. 2007-01-07. p. 1. Retrieved 2007-07-05.[permanent dead link]
- "Candidate Listing by Office" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. 2008-09-08. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-10-22. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- "Official Results Report - Statewide" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. 2006-11-21. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-07-15. Retrieved 2007-07-04.
- Incumbent listing from "Members of the Iowa House: Eighty-Second General Assembly". Iowa General Assembly. Archived from the original on 2012-02-14. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- Independent candidates appear on the ballot in Iowa as "Nominated by Petition".