|Jurisdiction||Republic of Trinidad and Tobago|
|Headquarters||Level 18, Tower D, Port of Spain International Waterfront Centre, Wrightson Road, Port of Spain|
|Parent agency||The Ministry of Trade and Industry of Trinidad and Tobago|
InvesTT Trinidad and Tobago (also known as InvesTT) is an investment promotion agency of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago founded in October 2012. The agency was formed when 13 separate agencies were combined to form a single one stop shop for investment promotion in Trinidad and Tobago. The agencies were combined to simplify foreign direct investment in the country.
Sectors of FocusEdit
InvesTT is to lead in the economic transformation of the country through the stimulation of GDP growth in mandated non-oil and gas sectors. The InvesTT mandated sectors as identified by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago in their Development Framework are -
InvesTT is a member of CAIPA - the Caribbean Association of Investment Promotion Agencies.
Multinationals in Trinidad and TobagoEdit
The local business landscape in Trinidad and Tobago has seen the presence of multinational corporations operating in key sectors of the economy. Due to the country's oil and gas reserves and overall strong economic profile, many multinationals have set up operations, notably energy companies however there are several international banks and manufacturing entities located in the country as well. Key MNCs in the country include -
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- Arcelor Mittal
- Atlantic LNG
- Bristow Helicopters
- British American Tobacco
- BHP Billiton
- CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank
- Coca-Cola/Caribbean Bottlers Limited
- Columbus Communications/Cable & Wireless Communications/Flow
- Digicel/Digicel Play
- EOG Resources
- Grace Kennedy and Company Limited
- International Game Technology
- McCann Erickson
- Payless ShoeSource
- Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Royal Bank of Canada
- Unicomer Group
- Yara International ASA
- 2014 - UNCTAD - Winner of UNCTAD’s Investment Promotion Award for Excellence in Promoting FDI for Sustainable Development
- 2015 - Site Selection Magazine - Winner of Site Selection Magazine’s Best to Invest Top Agencies Award (Latin America and the Caribbean)
- 2017 - Site Selection Magazine - Winner of Site Selection Magazine’s Best to Invest Top Agencies Award (Latin America and the Caribbean)
- 2019 - Site Selection Magazine - Winner of Site Selection Magazine’s Top Investment Promotion Agency in Central America & Caribbean
InvesTT is the first point of contact for an investor, the agency promises to provide all the necessary and valuable information for the decision process for a specific industry or sector. Its task is also to provide potential investors current data and information on business climate, investment environment and investment opportunities in Trinidad and Tobago.
InvesTT provides the following services via their Investor Sourcing and Facilitation team:
InvesTT Trinidad and Tobago, in partnership with the country's Embassies, High Commissions, Consulates and residing Trade Officers promote Foreign Direct Investment into Trinidad and Tobago.
There are missions in the following locations:
- "InvesTT eyes $b deals". trinidadexpress.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Vasant's shopping list seven parks, one port". newsday.co.tt. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Caribbean to Showcase its Competitiveness and Unique Investment Assets at the 2013 Caribbean Investment Forum in Trinidad & Tobago". wsj.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "InvesTT looking to China for Billion $$ investment". guardian.co.tt. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "invesTT Trinidad & Tobago commissions feasibility study for solar projects". eteck.co.tt. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "me T&T sets new target for doing business". guardian.co.tt. Retrieved 8 August 2014.