Invasion (1966 film)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Original British 1-sheet poster
|Directed by||Alan Bridges|
|Produced by||Jack Greenwood|
|Written by||Roger Marshall|
|Based on||a story by Robert Holmes|
|Music by||Bernard Ebbinghouse|
|Edited by||Derek Holding|
|Distributed by||Anglo-Amalgamated Film Distributors (UK)|
The film was written by Roger Marshall from a storyline by Robert Holmes. Holmes later re-used elements of his storyline in a 1970 Doctor Who serial entitled Spearhead from Space, which introduced Jon Pertwee as the Third Doctor.
An alien spacecraft crash-lands on Earth, near a secluded hospital not far from London. The aliens, who are humanoid and resemble East Asians, are taken to a rural hospital where they cause a forcefield to be raised around the building.
A very brief video release by Warner Home Video was available in the UK in 1992.
A DVD version was re-released in November 2014 by Networkonair.
- Edward Judd as Dr. Mike Vernon
- Yoko Tani as Leader of the Lystrians
- Valerie Gearon as Dr. Claire Harland
- Lyndon Brook as Brian Carter
- Eric Young as the Lystrian
- Tsai Chin as Nurse Lim
- Barrie Ingham as Major Muncaster
- Anthony Sharp as Lawrence Blackburn
- Glyn Houston as Police Sergeant Draycott
- Ann Castle as Sister Evans
- John Tate as Dundy
- Jean Lodge as Barbara Gough
- "Invasion (1966)". BFI.
- The Television Companion: The Unofficial & Unauthorised Guide to Doctor Who by David J Howe & Stephen James Walker
- "BFI Screenonline: Invasion (1966)". screenonline.org.uk.
- "Invasion [film]". The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction. 30 March 2015. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- "Network ON AIR > Invasion". networkonair.com.