Into the Wild (Uriah Heep album)
Into the Wild is the 22nd studio album by the British rock band Uriah Heep. It was first released in Japan on 12 April 2011 by Universal Music Japan with 12 tracks on SHM-CD and in Europe by Frontiers Records on 15 April 2011 with 11 tracks on a regular CD; the album was released on 3 May 2011 in America. A video for the single "Nail on the Head" was released to promote this album. In April 2011 Into The Wild entered the German Media Control Charts at No. 32. This marks the group's best chart entry in Germany since Uriah Heep's heyday, according to Blabbermouth. Uriah Heep toured in support of the album, with a US tour beginning in June. However, lead vocalist Bernie Shaw had to back out of some of the last tour dates due to health issues, and so his spot was briefly taken over by former vocalist John Lawton, who performed some shows with the band. Into the Wild is the last Uriah Heep album to feature bassist Trevor Bolder, due to his death in 2013.
|Into the Wild|
|Studio album by|
|Released||12 April 2011|
|Recorded||December 2010–February 2011|
|Studio||Liscombe Park Studio in Buckinghamshire|
|Genre||Hard rock, progressive rock, heavy metal|
|Uriah Heep chronology|
Response to the album has been mostly positive, many reviewers pointing, though, to its openly retrogressive appeal. "It's like Mick Box and the lads have spent the last thirty years listening to nothing but their own back catalogue and the Gillan-period Deep Purple albums", writes Brian Fischer-Giffin of Loud Online magazine, adding: "Overall however, this is really quite a good album that doesn't pander to any kind of modern trend whatsoever and wholly the type of album you'd expect from a band that's been in business longer than your dad has probably been alive." "Heep will never regain the historic impact they made in the early seventies, but this album is way too good to just tap the veterans on their shoulders and comforting/disgracing them with the words: 'Nice job gentlemen… for your age'", argued Lords of Metal e-Zine reviewer noting that "the positive energy of their live shows has been transformed excellently onto this new disc". According to Hard Rock Haven review, "the perennially underrated Mick Box delivers some first-rate guitar work here, and with each new album Bernie Shaw is becoming the definitive voice of Uriah Heep". According to Alan Holloway of Rock United Reviews, who rated the album a 7 out of 10, "despite a few niggles, however, this is a great album that should not be missed by anyone who has enjoyed Heep live or on record in the past."
- "Nail on the Head" – 4:15
- "I Can See You" – 4:13
- "Into the Wild" – 4:20
- "Money Talk" (Lanzon) – 4:44
- "I'm Ready" – 4:14
- "Trail of Diamonds" – 6:28
- "Southern Star" (Lanzon) – 4:26
- "Believe" – 5:09
- "Lost" (Trevor Bolder) – 4:51
- "T-bird Angel" – 4:01
- "Kiss of Freedom" (Lanzon) – 6:13
- "Hard Way to Learn" (Bolder) – 5:25 (Japanese edition bonus track)
- Uriah Heep
- Bernie Shaw – lead vocals (except track 9)
- Mick Box – guitars, backing vocals
- Phil Lanzon – keyboards, backing vocals
- Trevor Bolder – bass, lead vocals on track 9, backing vocals
- Russell Gilbrook – drums, backing vocals
- Mike Paxman – producer
- Steve Rispin – engineer
- Mark 'Tufty' Evans – mixing at Wispington Studios, Cookham, Berkshire, UK
|2011||Swedish Albums Chart||29|
|Finnish Albums Chart||31|
|German Albums Chart||32|
|Swiss Albums Top 100||42|
|Austrian Top 40 Albums||58|
|Japan||12 April 2011|
|Europe||15 April 2011|
|North America||3 May 2011|
- "Uriah Heep: New Album Artwork, Track Listing, Release Date Revealed". Blabbermouth.net. 24 February 2011. Retrieved 8 March 2019.
- "Uriah Heep: New Album Lands On German Chart". Blabbermouth.net. 26 April 2011. Retrieved 8 March 2019.
- "Uriah Heep: U.S. Tour Dates Announced". Blabbermouth.net. 4 February 2011. Retrieved 8 March 2019.
- Ruhlmann, William. "Uriah Heep - Into the Wild review". AllMusic.
- Alisoglu, Scott (21 June 2011). "Uriah Heep - "Into the Wild"". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 8 March 2019.
- Kühnemund, Götz (20 April 2011). "Reviews: Uriah Heep - Into the Wild". Rock Hard (in German). No. 288. Retrieved 8 March 2019.
- "Into the Wild". www.loudmag.com.au. Archived from the original on 15 March 2012. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- Into the Wild review. - www.lordsofmetal.nl
- Into the Wild review Archived 19 April 2011 at the Wayback Machine. - hardrockhaven.net
- Holloway, Alan. Into the Wild album review. rockunitedreviews.blogspot.com. 29 March 2011. Retrieved on 21 April 2011.
- "Uriah Heep – Into the Wild (Album)". Swedishcharts.com. Media Control Charts. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Uriah Heep – Into the Wild (Album)". Finnishcharts.com. Media Control Charts. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Album – Uriah Heep, Into the Wild". Charts.de (in German). GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Uriah Heep – Into the Wild". Hitparade.ch (in German). Media Control Charts. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Uriah Heep – Into the Wild". Austriancharts.at (in German). Media Control Charts. Retrieved 23 March 2019.