Colin R. Turner
Colin R. Turner
|Born||Colin Richard Turner|
10 July 1968
Born in Dublin, Ireland in 1968, Turner spent his early years immersed in playing and learning music, with little interest in school. Failing to find commercial success with various musical ventures in his early adult years, Turner began to question the very notion of 'earning a living' and the methods of reward in society.
In 2013, Turner embarked on a round-the-world travel attempt without using money. He has appeared as a regular guest on RTV Marbella's Marbella Now TV and Mi Marbella programmes between 2016 and 2017.
The Free World CharterEdit
Written in 2011, Turner's Free World Charter is an online petition document comprising ten principles that Turner claims will 'optimise life on Earth for all species', and which self-describes as the 'minimum requirements for survival and progress'.
The Charter principles range from placing life and the 'combined common good' as humanity's highest concern, to ensuring free access to basic living requirements for all.
Open access economyEdit
Turner proposes what he calls an 'open access economy', founded on the basic principles of sharing and shifting individual purpose from self-interest to group interest.:25 He defines the open economy as: "the application of an open, distributed model to a traditionally closed-loop economic system. In other words, rather than every individual seeking only to benefit themselves, a common understanding exists that enables everyone to benefit everyone, including themselves.":23
Turner goes on to detail the inherent limitations of trade and governance, where he claims trade and exclusive ownership always lead to wealth concentration,:12 and the rise in technological unemployment must inevitably negate the market system through the collapse of the labour market.
- "About Colin R. Turner". Colin R. Turner. Retrieved 11 December 2018.
- "Colin Turner attempts to travel around the world without money". BBC News. 29 July 2013. Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- AFP. "Walking around the world, money-less". Emirates 24|7. Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "'Moneyless Man' attempts to walk round the world".
- "Dar vueltas por el mundo sin que te den las vueltas: Una pareja irlandesa viaja sin dinero – RT".
- "Objective UNMN2017 on #MiMarbella – Marbella Now". Marbella Now. 12 November 2016. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "The Free World Charter".
- Turner, Colin R. (2016). Into the Open Economy. Ireland: Applied Image. ISBN 9780956064042.[non-primary source needed]
- Applied Image, 2016, ISBN 978-0956064028
- "Colin Turner's 'F-Day: The Second Dawn of Man' – Question the power of money". 3 October 2016.
- Applied Image, 2016, ISBN 978-0956064042
- "The Open Economy". Freeworlder.com. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- Turner 2016, p. 13.