International Sportsworld Communicators
|Private (subsidiary of North One Television)|
|Simon Long, CEO Mark Hendy FD|
Bernie Ecclestone founded ISC in July 1982. In 1996 ISC signed a 14-year agreement with the FIA for the exclusive broadcasting rights for 18 FIA championships. In 1999, the European Commission investigated FIA, ISC and FOA for abusing dominant position and restricting competition. As a result, in early 2000 the ISC and FIA made a new agreement to reduce the number of rights packages to two, the World Rally and Regional Rally Championships. In April 2000 Ecclestone sold ISC to a group led by David Richards. In October 2007, North One Television purchased ISC. In 2009, the FIA announced that ISC had been awarded the tender to act as promoter of the World Rally Championship, with the ten year deal set to run until 2020.
In June 2001, Simon Long joined International Sportsworld Communicators as Sales Director before later being promoted to Media Director. In June 2003 Simon was appointed to the position of CEO of ISC replacing William Morrison..
In February 2010 ISC was renamed North One Sports. North One Sports were acquired by the sports marketing group Convers Sports Initiatives (CSI) in March 2011. CSI entered administration in November 2011, resulting in the FIA terminating it's contact with North One Sport ahead of the 2012 World Rally Championship season.
- www.ukdata.com Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 20 May 2006
- Brussels accuses F1 motor racing of abusing its dominant position - The Irish Times, 30 June 1999
- European Commission: Notification by FIA/FOA of agreements relating to the FIA Formula One World Championship Retrieved 20 May 2006
- "Richards gets rallying". GrandPrix.com. Inside F1, Inc. 2000-04-17.
- Evans, David (2011-11-29). "ISC confirmed as WRC promoter". Autosport.com. Retrieved 2020-08-16.
- North One Sports: ISC renamed to North One Sports Retrieved 10 March 2010
- Emmett, James (2011-03-04). "New dawn for WRC as series promoter changes hands". SportsPro. Retrieved 2020-08-16.
- Evans, David (2011-11-29). "WRC commercial rights holder's parent company CSI goes into Administration". Autosport.com. Retrieved 2020-08-16.
- Wilkins, Robert (2012-01-09). "FIA terminates deal with North One Sport". Crash.net. Retrieved 2020-08-16.