International Society for Intelligence Research
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The International Society for Intelligence Research (ISIR) is a scientific society for researchers in human intelligence. It was founded by Douglas K. Detterman of the University of Alabama in 2000.
The society advocates for ongoing support for scientific research on cognitive ability. In 2018, an article by New Statesman documented examples of the society and its members advocating scientific racism and eugenics. The article states that while the society includes some prominent and well-respected scientists, its members, publications, and events have each also promoted ideas characterized by New Statesman as "racist pseudo-science"..
Recent presidents include:
- 2010 Douglas Detterman
- 2011 Earl B. Hunt
- 2012 Linda Gottfredson
- 2013 David Lubinski
- 2014 Aljoscha C. Neubauer
- 2015 Professor Michael McDaniel, Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
- 2016 Professor Richard J. Haier, University of California, USA
- 2017 Timothy Bates, University of Edinburgh, Scotland (United Kingdom)
- 2018 William Revelle, Northwestern University, Washington, USA
- Encyclopedia of industrial and organizational psychology. Rogelberg, Steven G., Sage Publications. Thousand Oaks, Calif. p. 948. ISBN 9781452265551. OCLC 162107397.CS1 maint: others (link)
- Exceptionality in East Asia : explorations in the actiotope model of giftedness. Phillipson, Shane N. Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge. 2013. p. 102. ISBN 9780415507271. OCLC 767569400.CS1 maint: others (link)
- Wai, Dr. Jonathan. "What Do We Know About Human Intelligence?". The Creativity Post. Retrieved 2018-09-06.
- "ISIR Bylaws" (PDF). 10 June 2014. Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- Van Der Merwe, Ben (19 February 2018). "It might be a pseudo science, but students take the threat of eugenics seriously". New Statesman. Retrieved 6 September 2018.