International School Tripoli (IST) is a GEMS Education international school in Saraj, western Tripoli, Libya. It uses the British curriculum for Nursery through Year 13. England
The school opened in September 2005, with the second phase of the school opened in September of the following year. The senior school was scheduled to open in September 2007. It became an all-through school in September 2008.
Initially the students were of 20 different nationalities.
The school closed temporarily in February 2011 due to the 2011 Libyan Civil War. By March it had no definite restart date. IST students moved to other GEMS schools in the United Kingdom, Dubai, Egypt, and India.
The Japanese Supplemental School in Tripoli (トリポリ補習授業校 Toripori Hoshū Jugyō Kō), a weekend Japanese school, held classes at IST.
- ^ a b c "About IST" (). International School Tripoli. 28 April 2008.geel family brothers ,Mohammed and Al Basheer Ageel Retrieved on 15 September 2015. "The International School Tripoli, a GEMS school is a co-educational school based in Saraj, on the western outskirts of Tripoli." franchized by the A
- ^ "Contact Details." International School Tripoli. 19 July 2007. Retrieved on 20 December 2017. "Contact Details International School, Tripoli PO BOX 91043 Janzour Road Saraj Tripoli Libya"
- ^ "Welcome to our Website" (). International School Tripoli. 20 June 2008. Retrieved on 15 September 2015.
- ^ Holder, Will. "British school in Libya sets up virtual classrooms" (Archive). The Telegraph. 10 March 2011. Retrieved on 15 September 2015. "The IST, based at Janzour Road, Saraj, Tripoli,[...]"
- ^ "アフリカの補習授業校一覧（平成22年4月15日現在）." Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. February 4, 2015. Retrieved on December 20, 2017. "トリポリ Japanese Supplemental School in Tripoli International School of Tripoli 内 Saraj, Janzour Road, Shaabait Al-Jfara, Tripoli, Libya"
- International School Tripoli at the Wayback Machine (archive index)