International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore
The International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (IIIT Bangalore or simply IIITB) is an Indian private research university in Bangalore, Karnataka. The university was founded in 1999 with a vision to contribute to the IT world by focusing on education and research, entrepreneurship and innovation. It offers Integrated M.Tech., M.Tech., M.S. (Research) and PhD programs in the field of Information Technology. In February 2005, IIIT-B was conferred Deemed University status under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act 1956. This was re-affirmed by the Tandon Committee report in October 2009, which gave (cf. Annexure VII (b) of the report) IIIT-B a score of 41 (the most given to any deemed university).
Motto in English
|Knowledge is Supreme|
|Type||Deemed to be University|
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, AICTE|
IIITB was instituted on 15 September 1999 as the Indian Institute of Information Technology, with its campus at International Tech Park (ITPL). The institute functioned at ITPL for the first four years. In August 2003, IIIT-B relocated to its present campus in Electronics City.
IIITB is in Electronics City, Bangalore, which is one of India's largest electronic industrial parks and which houses major electronics and IT corporations that include Infosys, Wipro, Siemens, Hewlett-Packard, General Electric, and Flextronics, amongst others. The address is No. 26/C, Electronics City, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560100, Karnataka, India.
IIITB is a not-for-profit society registered under the Government of Karnataka Act. The institute is governed by a board with S. Gopalakrishnan, executive co-chairman, Infosys as chairman. Other eminent members of the board include Manish Khera, CEO, Financial Information Network & Operations and S. Sadagopan, the founder director.
IIIT-Bangalore offers Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Master of Technology (M.Tech.) and Master of Science (M.Sc.) degrees in various specializations. It also offers 11 months Post Graduate Program (PGP's) in various specializations.
- Admission to Integrated M.Tech (iMtech) is via JEE Main score of the corresponding year.
- The minimum qualification for Integrated M.Tech. is Plus Two (or equivalent). Admissions to the flagship M.Tech. program is solely on the basis of performance at the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
- The minimum qualification for M.Tech., M.S. and PhD programs is a four-year bachelor's degree in Engineering. Admission for M.S. and PhD program is done by an online exam followed by personal interview.
- The minimum qualification for PGP Programs is a bachelor's degree. Admission for PGP program is on the basis of performance at the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), or Common Admission Test (CAT) scores, followed by an online exam and personal interview.
|Engineering – India|
- NAAC Certificate
- Copies of AICTE Approvals (LOA and EOA of subsequent years)obtained since Inception of Institution
- "UGC Act-1956" (PDF). mhrd.gov.in/. Secretary, University Grants Commission. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- UGC Note
- Tandon Committee Report
- Governing Body of IIIT Bangalore
- Industrial Relations
- "IIITB-UpGrad partner to launch a Software Engineering course". Economic Times. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- "Want To Update Your Software Skills? IIIT-Bengaluru Starts 11-Month Course". NDTV. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- Continuing Professional Program
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "IIIT-Bangalore Alumni". iiitb.ac.in. 17 August 2012. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore.|