International Hologram Manufacturers Association
This article does not cite any sources. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The International Hologram Manufacturers Association (IHMA) is a not for profit organisation based in Sunbury-on-Thames designed to represent and promote the interests of hologram manufacturers and the hologram industry, worldwide. Founded in 1993, the association currently represents 89 members worldwide, and hosts an awards ceremony each year at the HoloPackHoloPrint conference designed to reward those whose outstanding contributions to holography advance the industry. The association has secretariat offices in both Europe and America.
Aims & BenefitsEdit
The Association's aims are:
- To promote the worldwide interests of the holography industry
- To promote, through a Code of Conduct ethical business practice and high standards amongst its membership
- To shape the direction and development of the industry
- To encourage communication within the holography industry
- To reward outstanding holographic developments
In addition to contributing to the aims of the association, IHMA membership allows members certain benefits. These include:
- Intergraf's security certification for secure hologram producers
- Inclusion in the Hologram Image Register - an IHMA initiative that protects holographic images
- Subscription to Holography News
- Publicity and holography patent alerts
The IHMA have published a number of publications offering guidance to converters, users and manufacturers of holograms and other holgraphic materials. These are
- The Glossary of Holographic Terms
- Specifying and Purchasing Authenticating DOVIDS
- Hologram Patent Guidelines
- Hologram Copyright Guidelines
Excellence in Holography AwardsEdit
Each year, at the Holopack-Holoprint annual conference, the IHMA presents 'Excellence in Holography Awards' to parties deemed to have made outstanding contributions to the holographic industry. The awards, divided into six categories aim to reward the developments which show the greatest innovation or commercial potential.
The six categories available to vote on are:
- Innovation in Holographic Technique
- Best Origination
- Best HOE Product
- Best Applied Security Product
- Best Applied Decorative Product
- The Brian Monaghan Award for Business Innovation
From these and the other categories one winner is chosen for the Best of the Year Award. A further award, the Brian Monaghan Award for Business Innovation, is made at the discretion of the IHMA to an individual judged to have made an outstanding contribution to the development of the hologram industry. Past winners of this award include Sal D’Amato of ABNH, Werner Reinhart of Kurz, Gunther Dausmann of Hologram Industries Research, hologram inventor Steve McGrew, Hugues Souparis of Hologram Industries, U.K. Gupta of Holostik, Dino Radice of Centro Grafico, Professor Alexander Goncharsky of Computer Holography Centre, Ian Lancaster of Reconnaissance International, Philip Hudson, Dimes Pastorelli of Diavy Srl and Brian Monaghan himself posthumously.
The IHMA currently have nearly 102 members worldwide. They are:
- Excess Holographics Pvt Ltd
- AHEAD Optoelectronics, Inc.
- Alpha Lasertek India Ltd
- Andrews & Wykeham
- API Holographics
- Azure Photonics Co Ltd
- Bajaj Holographics (I) Pvt Ltd
- BEP Hologram
- Boad Negar Iranian Company Ltd
- Centro Grafico DG SpA
- Coformex SA de CV
- Computer Holography Centre
- Combustion Ingenieros S.A.S.
- Constantia Hueck Folien GmbH
- Crown Roll Leaf, Inc.
- Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd.
- De La Rue Holographics
- Demax PLC
- DiArts srl
- Diavy srl
- Everest Holovisions Ltd
- Essentra Security
- Fedrigoni SpA
- Filak s.r.o.
- First Print Yard Holographics
- Formas Inteligentes SA de CV
- Giriraj Foils Pvt Ltd
- Gopsons Papers Ltd
- Hague Print Limited
- Hazen Paper Company
- Henan Province Wellking Technologies
- Hi-Glo Images Pvt Ltd
- HOLO 3D s.r.l.
- Hologram Solutions SDn BHD
- Holographic Security Concepts
- Holo Security Technologies
- Holoflex Limited
- Holografia Polska
- Hologram Company Rako
- Holographic Security Marking Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- Holostik India Limited
- HuBei LHTC
- Hueck Folien GmbH
- Imprensa Nacional Casa da Moeda
- Impresora Silvaform
- Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca Stato
- IQ Structures s.r.o.
- ITW Covid
- J Patton Sports
- JSC Holography Industry Ltd
- Jupiter Enterprises
- Kantas Track Pack India Ltd
- K Laser Technology Inc.
- Kumbhat Holographics
- ITW Covid
- Laser Art Studio Ltd
- Leonardus SrL
- LEONHARD KURZ Stiftung & Co.KG
- LightGate a.s.
- MTM Holografi Güvenlikli Basim ve Bilisim Teknolojileri San ve Tic A.S
- New Light Industries
- Nikka Techno Inc
- NovaVision Inc
- OpSec Security Ltd
- Optaglio Group
- Pacific Holographics
- Papierfabrik Louisenthal GmbH
- Pardazesh Tasvir Rayan
- Polish Holographic Systems
- Process Color
- PT Jasuindo Tiga Perksa Tbk
- Pura Group
- Rainbow Holographics Ltd
- Reflective Materials Manufactory (HoloArt)
- S.C. Optoelectronica 2001 S.A.
- Schreiner ProSecure
- Scientific & Technical Centre "Atlas"
- Shantou Yiming Holotech Machine Co
- Sheetal Mercantile Pvt Ltd
- Shriram Holographics
- SK Hologram Co Ltd
- Smartstripe marketing Pte Ltd
- Specialised Enterprise Holography Ltd at the Library of Congress Web Archives (archived 2011-07-12)
- Starcke Oy
- System Intelligence Products
- Taurus Secure Solutions
- Toppan Printing Company
- Trautwein Security GmbH & Co
- Uflex md (Holography Division)
- Huagong Image Tech