International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations (IFPMA) represents the research-based pharmaceutical companies and associations around the world. Based in Geneva, Switzerland, IFPMA has official relations with the United Nations, and contributes industry expertise to help the global health community find solutions that improve global health.
|Type||global non-profit NGO|
|Associations and Companies|
|Dr. Stefan Oschmann|
IFPMA manages global initiatives, including: Developing World Health Partnerships, which studies and identifies trends for the research-based pharmaceutical industry's long-term partnership programs to improve health in developing countries; and the IFPMA Clinical Trials Portal, which helps patients and health professionals learn about ongoing clinical trials and trial results. In addition, the IFPMA Code of Practice sets standards for ethical promotion of medicines.
IFPMA was founded in 1968.
The International Pharmaceutical Congress Advisory Association (IPCAA) works in partnership with the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) and IFPMA.
The IFPMA is the Trustee of the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) Steering Committee, and holds the intellectual property rights (ownership) of the international medical terminology dictionary, MedDRA.
- "About IFPMA". Archived from the original on 26 June 2014. Retrieved 11 Jun 2014.
- Stovall, Sten (1 Mar 2012). "Stronger Code of Practice for Global Pharma Industry". Retrieved 11 Jun 2014.
- "IFPMA EFPIA IPCAA". Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 11 Jun 2014.
- IFPMA-FIP, The threat of false friends, Joining efforts to protect patients against online sales of fake medicines, 2012
- IFPMA, IFPMA Framework for Action on NCDs, 2011-2012 Progress Report, 2012
- IFPMA, The New Frontiers of Biopharmaceutical Innovation, 2012
- IFPMA, Mental and Neurological Disorders, Innovative therapies, innovative collaborations, 2012
- IFPMA, Health by the Numbers: results of the 2011 IFPMA wellness survey, 2012
- IFPMA, Developing World Health Partnerships Directory, 2012
- IFPMA, Biotherapeutic Medicines: Grasping the New Generation of Treatments, 2012
- IFPMA / WADA, 2 FIELDS 1 GOAL Brochure, Protecting the integrity of science and sport, 2012
- IFPMA, The changing landscape on access to medicines, 2012
- IFPMA, Delivering the Promise of the Decade of Vaccines, 2012
- IFPMA Influenza Vaccines Supply International Task Force (IVS), Seasonal Influenza Vaccinations Series, 2012
- IFPMA, IFPMA Code of Practice, 2012
- IFPMA, Ending neglected tropical diseases, 2012
- IFPMA / WHPA, NCDs - An Action Toolkit for health professionals, patients and public
- Includes Health Improvement Card, 2011
- IFPMA, Data Exclusivity: Encouraging Development of New Medicines, 2011
- IFPMA, Technology Transfer: a Collaborative Approach to Improve Global Health, 2011