Interactive Intelligence was a telecommunications software and cloud computing development company that provided unified business communications solutions for call centers, Voice over IP companies, and business process automation.
|Fate||Acquired by Genesys|
|Founder||Donald E. Brown|
|Defunct||December 1, 2016|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
The company's core product offering was the Interaction Center Platform, which centralized multi-channel business interactions and business processes. This platform could be delivered as either a premises or hosted cloud computing offering. In addition to its software, the company provided add-on professional services, support, and education for its product line. The company had partnerships with Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Microsoft, Polycom, and Salesforce.com.
Genesys developed a customer experience platform portfolio from Interactive Intelligence technology. PureCloud is a contact center as a service (CCaaS) cloud platform that manages customer communication with comprehensive features. PureConnect, formerly called the Interaction Center Platform, integrates customer engagement functionality in one application suite. PureEngage is an omnichannel customer engagement for large organizations.
By 1997, the company was the first to market an all-in-one customer engagement software suite.
In September 1999, during the dot-com bubble, the company became a public company via an initial public offering that raised $29 million and its stock price rose 141% on its first day of trading.
In 2007, the company developed and cloud computing solutions for contact centers.
In May 2009, the company acquired AcroSoft, a provider of insurance content management solutions.
In March 2011, the company acquired Agori Communications, a German-based reseller of its multichannel contact center solutions.
In July 2011, the company acquired CallTime, an Australian-based reseller.
In August 2012, the company acquired Bay Bridge Decision Technologies, a developer of capacity planning and strategic analysis technology.
In April 2014, the company acquired OrgSpan, a software development company focused on social and business communication.
In August 2016, after the company put itself up for sale, Genesys agreed to acquire the company for $1.4 billion. The acquisition was completed in December 2016 and all of the company's products and services were integrated with those of Genesys.
In 2010, the company formed Interactive Intelligence Foundation, a nonprofit organization focused on assisting at-risk students. The foundation raised funds to promote technology education for youth in Indiana and outside the United States. It hosted an annual gala and silent auction as part of its fundraising activities.
Awards and recognitionEdit
The acquisition of the company by Genesys in 2016 was noted as the "largest tech-company acquisition" since 2013.
- "Interactive Intelligence: Transforming the Way Organizations Engage the World". The Silicon Review. March 2016.
- Eddy, Nathan (March 25, 2015). "Interactive Intelligence PureCloud Collaboration Platform Launches". eWeek.
- "Pure met à jour son application Pure Connect pour iOS et Android". Cnet (in French).
- "Genesys und Interactive Intelligence auf der CCW 2017". IAVCworld (in German).
- Costello, Rich (April 23, 2004). "Interactive Intelligence Customer Interaction Center". Gartner.
- "Interactive Intelligence makes brilliant debut". Cnet.
- "INTERACTIVE INTELLIGENCE INC (ININ) IPO". NASDAQ.
- "Crunchbase: INTERACTIVE INTELLIGENCE INC". TechCrunch.
- Schelmetic, Tracey E. (May 8, 2007). "Interactive Intelligence Offers Alternative To SaaS Point Solution Headaches". TMCnet.
- "Interactive Intelligence Acquires AcroSoft Corp" (Press release). Business Wire. May 18, 2009.
- "Interactive Intelligence Acquires Latitude Software" (Press release). Business Wire. October 5, 2010.
- "Interactive Intelligence Buys Latitude Software For $14 Million In Cash". TechCrunch. October 5, 2010.
- "Interactive Intelligence Acquires Agori Communications" (Press release). Business Wire. March 1, 2011.
- "Interactive Intelligence Acquires CallTime Solutions" (Press release). Business Wire. July 5, 2011.
- "Interactive Intelligence Acquires Bay Bridge Decision Technologies" (Press release). Business Wire. August 9, 2012.
- Ranii, David (April 17, 2014). "Durham's OrgSpan is being acquired". The News & Observer.
- Vignesh, J (December 10, 2015). "Nasdaq-listed Interactive Intelligence buys Customer360". The Economic Times.
- Soder, Chuck (July 22, 2017). "Hyland Software buys AcroSoft from Interactive Intelligence". Crain Communications.
- Melissa, Amy; Mittelman, Thomson (August 31, 2016). "Genesys to Buy Interactive Intelligence in $1.4 Billion Deal". Bloomberg L.P.
- Jamerson, Joshua (August 31, 2016). "Call-Center Software Providers Genesys, Interactive Intelligence to Merge". The Wall Street Journal.
- Ohnesorge, Lauren K. (August 31, 2016). "Interactive Intelligence sold for $1.4B". American City Business Journals.
- "Genesys Completes Acquisition of Interactive Intelligence to Create World's Leading Omnichannel Customer Experience Solutions Company" (Press release). PR Newswire. December 1, 2016.
- "Interactive Intelligence creates charitable foundation". IT News Africa. December 1, 2010.
- "Interactive Intelligence Foundation to Host Dinner-Auction Gala Fundraiser in Support of At-Risk Youth" (Press release). Business Wire. August 20, 2013.
- Campbell, Susan J. (January 12, 2009). "Contact Center Customers Rank Interactive Intelligence First in Unified Communications". Tmcnet.
- "Interactive Intelligence Receives Frost & Sullivan's North American Cloud Customer Contact Center Applications Growth Excellence Leadership Award" (Press release). Business Wire. September 8, 2016.
- "Magic Quadrant for Contact Center Infrastructure, Worldwide". Gartner. May 16, 2017.
- "Interactive Intelligence Named among World's Top 500 Software and Service Providers" (Press release). Business Wire. October 4, 2012.
- "Forbes: America's 100 Best Small Companies". Forbes. November 2011.
- Langellier, Mike (February 11, 2017). "CEO PERSPECTIVE: Defining tech's many facets". Indianapolis Business Journal.