Interactive Data Corporation
Interactive Data Corporation (known by its stock symbol IDC) was an American 1960s-founded Time-sharing services company that later became known for providing financial market data (financial data vendor), analytics and related solutions to financial institutions, active traders and individual investors. The company’s businesses supply real-time market data, time-sensitive pricing, evaluations and reference data for securities trading, including hard-to-value instruments. The company was acquired by and folded into Intercontinental Exchange in December 2015.
|Mason Slaine, Chairman|
Stephen Daffron, President and CEO
Jay Nadler, COO
Number of employees
|Approximately 2,500 worldwide|
Interactive Data provided evaluation services, reference data, pricing services, derivatives services, Fair Value Information Services, low latency market data, trading infrastructure services, fixed income analytics, Web-based solutions, desktop solutions, the eSignal suite of products, and environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) data including quantitative ESG risk indicators for individual companies and sectors (current figures as well as historical data for the past two years) provided by RepRisk, a global business intelligence provider specialized in ESG risk analytics and metrics.
Like competitor National CSS (NCSS), their time-sharing service was based on IBM's CP/CMS Time-sharing software for the IBM System 360 Model 67. IDC focused on the financial industry, while NCSS had a broader client base.
Interactive Data became known as a supplier of financial market data and related offerings, "including data bases used for economic forecasting." Acquisitions have contributed to Interactive Data’s growth, enabling the company to deliver an increasing range of services, while expanding into adjacent markets and extending its reach geographically.
- "N.Y.S.E. Owner to Buy Interactive Data for $5.2 Billion". The New York Times. 27 October 2015.
- "Exhibit 99.1". SEC.gov.
.. a trusted leader .. reference data
- Jack W. Plunkett (2009). Plunkett's E-Commerce & Internet Business Almanac 2009.
... Pricing and Reference Data .. INTERACTIVE DATA CORPORATION
- David E. Sanger (19 October 1985). "Chase computer raided by youths, officials".
- Herbert Koshetz (21 June 1974). "Chase Manhattan Bank And Interactive Data". The New York Times.
- NYTimes typo: Telestat: "Interactive Data". The New York Times. 28 December 1984.
- "Merrill Lynch sells securities pricing service". The New York Times. 3 January 2002.
- John Holusha (30 October 1997). "Interactive Data to Move". The New York Times.
- "Pearson confirms could sell $1.5 bln stake in IDC". Reuters. 15 January 2010.
- "Acquisition of Interactive Data Corporation Completed" (Press release). Interactive Data Corporation. 29 July 2010.
- "ICE to buy market data firm Interactive Data in $5.2 billion deal". Reuters. 26 October 2015.