Insurance Services Office
Insurance Services Office, Inc. (ISO), a subsidiary of Verisk Analytics, is a provider of statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. Headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey, United States, the organization serves clients with offices throughout the United States, along with international operations offices in the United Kingdom, Israel, Germany, India and China.
|Headquarters||Jersey City, New Jersey,|
ISO was formed in 1971 as an advisory and rating organization for the property/casualty insurance industry to provide statistical and actuarial services, to develop insurance programs, and to assist insurance companies in meeting state regulatory requirements. It became a wholly owned subsidiary of Verisk Analytics in October 2009.
ISO provides a number of risk-related services to its clients:
- Fire and building code information
- Insurance lines services
- Including standardized text for insurance forms
- Collecting the data
- Insurance products for agents
- Workers' compensation
- Medicare compliance and claims resolution services
ISO's databases contain more than 19 billion detailed records relating to insurance and risk management, which form the basis for its information services, with two billion records collected each year. ISO employs many members of the Casualty Actuarial Society and other insurance professionals to develop its risk-related products and services.
- About ISO, Verisk Analytics. Accessed September 1, 2015.
- ISO Offices and Directions, Verisk Analytics. Accessed September 1, 2015.
- Verisk Analytics Offices around the World, Verisk Analytics. Accessed September 1, 2015.
- Verisk Analytics Form 10-Q filed July 29, 2014, Verisk Analytics. Accessed September 1, 2015. "Verisk was established to serve as the parent holding company of Insurance Services Office, Inc. (“ISO”) upon completion of the initial public offering ("IPO"), which occurred on October 9, 2009. ISO was formed in 1971 as an advisory and rating organization for the P&C insurance industry to provide statistical and actuarial services, to develop insurance programs and to assist insurance companies in meeting state regulatory requirements. For over the past decade, the Company has broadened its data assets, entered new markets, placed a greater emphasis on analytics, and pursued strategic acquisitions."
- 2013 Verisk Analytics Annual Report, Verisk Analytics. Accessed September 1, 2015. "On May 23, 2008, in contemplation of our initial public offering, or IPO, ISO formed Verisk Analytics, Inc., or Verisk, a Delaware corporation, to be the holding company for our business. Verisk was initially formed as a wholly-owned subsidiary of ISO. On October 6, 2009, in connection with our IPO, the Company effected a reorganization whereby ISO became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verisk."
- The Largest Statistical Database in the Industry, Verisk Analytics. Accessed July 6, 2016. "Verisk has more than 19 billion records in its statistical database to help insurers make informed decisions about risk."
- Information from the ISO Database, Verisk Analytics. Accessed September 1, 2015. "ISO maintains one of the largest private databases in the world. Each year, we collect some 2 billion detailed records of insurance premiums collected and losses paid."