|President||Rev. Dr. Dennis Bielfeldt|
The Institute of Lutheran Theology was started in 2009 by conservatives in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) affiliated with the WordAlone Network in order to train Lutheran clergy and other church workers.
The Institute of Lutheran Theology is not supported by a single synod or religious association, but several. These include the North American Lutheran Church, the Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ, the Canadian Association of Lutheran Congregations, and the Augsburg Lutheran Churches. Instead, it hires and serves people from several different Lutheran church bodies in the United States, some of which recently formed after separating from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and lack seminaries of their own.
The institution is accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE). ILT operates as a school which grants certificates and degrees to students who complete their studies with the school. It does not ordain graduates; that is left to the synods and associations which accept their graduates.
- "After Schism" (PDF). Lutheran Forum, Summer 2015 issue. October 19, 2015. Retrieved January 25, 2019.
- Habits in Mind: Integrating Theology, Philosophy, and the Cognitive Science of Virtue, Emotion, and Character Formation, p.X by Gregory R Peterson and James Van Slyke
- Paul's theology of the cross : a case study analysis of 2 Corinthians 11:16-12:10 by D Lioy Conspectus: The Journal of the South African Journal of Theology, 2015.
- "Proposal of the Lutheran Theological House of Studies Taskforce - PDF Free Download". doctiktak.com.
- Peterson., Charles W. (Autumn 2015). "Paul R. Hinlicky's Transubstantiation of Christian Doctrine and Glorification of Christian Philosophy". Seminary Ridge Review. 18 (1): 49.
[Hinlicky] is an instructor in the Institute of Lutheran Theology, an unaffiliated institution for training pastors and educators.
- "The Trials of American Lutheranism: The torments that the two major American Lutheran churches have visited on themselves". First Things. May 2011. Retrieved January 25, 2019.
- "Institute of Lutheran Theology - About". ilt.edu. Retrieved June 27, 2020.
- Lutheran CORE newsletter, issue 2.2018 lent
- 2018 Accreditation
- "Institute of Lutheran Theology". GuideStar. Retrieved June 27, 2020.
- "The Founding Director - Roanoke College". www.roanoke.edu.
- "Internationally-known Ethicist Robert Benne to Speak at Beeson Divinity School". www.beesondivinity.com.
- "Dennis Bielfeldt". South Dakota State University.
- "Lutherans For Life - Speakers Bureau - John Eidsmoe". www.lutheransforlife.org.
- "Jack Kilcrease Aquinas College".
- "Dr. Jack D. Kilcrease Concordia Theological Seminary Fort Wayne Media Resources".
- Announcing the Pappas Patristic Institute’s Fourth Annual Summer Patristic Studies Program July 19 – 24, 2010 At Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology Brookline, Massachusetts
- Minnesota South elects Woodford to first term
- "Collegium Fellows - DOXOLOGY".