Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh
The Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh (ICMAB) is an institution dedicated to Cost and Management Accounting education and research in Bangladesh. It is managed as an autonomous professional body under the Ministry of Commerce. As well as education, it is also engaged in regulating and promoting the profession of cost and management accountant in Bangladesh.
|Type||The national body of the professional Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh|
|Affiliation||International Federation of Accountants and International Accounting Standards Board|
|President||M. Abul Kalam Mazumdar FCMA|
|Vice-president||Arif Khan FCMA and Jamal Ahmed Choudhury FCMA|
|Campus||Dhaka (main), Chittagong, Khulna, Rajshahi, Comilla|
In 1972, the Institute was re-established in the name of Bangladesh Institute of Industrial Accountants again. The Government of Bangladesh renamed it as The Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh through promulgation of The Cost and Management Accountants Ordinance 1977 (Ordinance No LIII of 1977).
ICMAB members are known as CMAs with their designatory title ACMA and FCMA. They play leading roles in the accountancy and finance profession in Bangladesh. 30% of members live and work outside of Bangladesh.
ICMAB is a member of the following international accounting bodies:
National and international recognitionEdit
The ICMAB qualification is recognised by many professional bodies nationally and internationally. The bodies that have granted exemption to ICMAB members or qualified students are:
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), UK
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), UK
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), US
- Society of Management Accountants of Canada (CMA Canada)
- Certified General Accountants Association of Canada (CGA-Canada)
- Institute of Certified Financial Consultants (IFC), the United States and Canada
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ACPA), US
- Institute of Public Accountants (IPA), Australia
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB)
- Vision & Mission, ICMAB
- "ICMA admission". The Daily Star. 28 July 2008. Retrieved 3 August 2019.
- "Poor management creates poverty for Bangladesh". The Daily Star. 14 December 2007. Retrieved 3 August 2019.
- Institute of Cost and Management Accountants official website
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 22 May 1997. Retrieved 24 January 2020.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "CIMA Membership". CIMA. Retrieved 15 October 2015.