Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||National Professional Accounting Body|
|Headquarters||100 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue|
|Mr. Kamrul Abedin FCA |
|Adeeb Hossain Khan FCA|
|Mahmudul Hasan Khusru FCA|
|Md. Shaifur Rahman Mazumdar FCA|
|Affiliations||IFAC, IASB, CAPA, SAFA, AOTCA|
|Slogan||সত্য, ন্যায়, প্রগতি|
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB) is the national professional accountancy body in Bangladesh. It is the sole organisation in Bangladesh with the right to award the Associate Chartered Accountant designation. It has 1,535 members.
Establishment and administrative ministryEdit
It was established under the Bangladesh Chartered Engineers Order 1973 (Presidential Order No. 2 of 1973). The Ministry of Commerce, Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh is the administrative Ministry of ICAB.
The mission of the ICAB is to provide leadership in the development, enhancement and co-ordination of the accountancy profession in Bangladesh to enable the profession to provide services of consistently high quality in the public interest.
ICAB has Regional Offices in Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh and in Chittagong. There are also Chapter Management Committee Offices both in London, UK and Ontario, Canada.
Information concerning memberships and contract signingEdit
This organisation is a member of the following institutions:
- the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
- the Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA)
- the South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA)
- the Asia Oceania Tax Consultants' Association (AOTCA)
Moreover, this organisation has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW) on 26 October 2010.
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Members Hand-book on Bangladesh Chartered Accountants Order 1973 & The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh Bye-laws 2004 and Council Directives/Decisions
- Annual Council Report and Annual Audited Financial Statements as at 30 June every year
- Annual List of Members & CA Firms as of 1 July every year
- The Bangladesh Accountant (Quarterly Journal)
- News-Bulletin (Monthly News Letter)
- Students' Guide (Information booklet) – Fees Schedule (Effective from 1 July 2004)
- Students' Study Manuals on various subjects
- Students' Suggested Answers Booklets on past exam. Questions on various subject
- Bangladesh Accounting Standards (BASs) and Bangladesh Financial Reporting Standards (BFRSs) Volume -I (BAS 1 – BAS 25)
- Bangladesh Accounting Standards (BASs) and Bangladesh Financial Reporting Standards (BFRSs) Volume -II (BAS 26 – BAS 41 and BFRS 2 – BFRS 6)
- BSQC1 & Quality Assurance Requirements
- Audit Practice Manual
- Manuals and Technical guides on various professional and technical subjects
- "ICAB President and Vice-Presidents". icab.org.bd. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "Members and firms statistics" (PDF). ICAB. 1 July 2015. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- "Order under which ICAB established and ICAB's Administrative Ministry)". ICAB. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "ICAB's Mission Statement". ICAB. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "ICAB – A BRIEF OUTLINE (Regional Offices)". ICAB. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "Whom We Work With". ICAB. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "IFAC Membership". ICAB. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "IASB-IFRS Foundation". ICAB. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "CAPA Membership". ICAB. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "SAFA Membership". ICAB. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "Members – Asia-Oceania Tax Consultants' Association –". AOTCA. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "ICAEW signs MoU with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh". ICAEW. 7 December 2010. Retrieved 6 November 2014.