|Motto||Leadership and Ideas for Tomorrow|
|Type||Public sector institute|
|Director||S. Akbar Zaidi|
|130 Full Time Faculty, 200 Visiting Faculty|
|Students||4,034 (Spring 2020). Undergraduate programs: 3,044 (Spring 2020); Graduate programs: 990 (Spring 2020)|
|Colours||Tyrian purple, White|
|Affiliations||Higher Education Commission of Pakistan|
The Association of Commonwealth Universities
CFA Institute, United States
South Asian Quality Assurance System (SAQS)
Admission to IBA Karachi is based on the Entry Test, SAT/ACT test score and Interview.
Programs Offered edit
At undergraduate level, IBA offers degrees in Business Administration, Accounting and Finance, Computer Science, Economics, Economics and Mathematics, Social Sciences and Liberal Arts.
The graduate programs offered by the IBA include degrees in Business Administration, MBA Executive, Computer Science, Economics, Islamic Banking and Finance, Journalism, Management, Data Sciences, Finance and Mathematics.
The doctoral programs offered at the Institute include degrees in Computer Science, Economics and Mathematics.
- Institute of Business Administration, Karachi is accredited by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
- Institute of Business Administration, Karachi is a member institution of The Association of Commonwealth Universities, UK.
- IBA was accredited by the South Asian Quality Assurance System (SAQS) in 2011.
- CFA University Partner and the first university in Pakistan to be granted that status by the CFA Institute, United States.
Controversies/Harassment Cases edit
In 2018, Dr Tiago Ferreira Lopes who is a Portuguese national was accused of seeking sexual favors from the male students, following which a case was prepared against him. It was then reported that Dr Lopes was quietly asked by the administration of IBA to leave the country after it was verified that he was continuously abusing his position to demand sexual favors from male students.
In October 2020, a female faculty member of IBA reported a non-teaching employee of the campus of harassment which was then investigated by the IBA's Anti-Harassment Committee. The accused employee was barred from entering IBA premises until the completion of the inquiry.
On 25 August 2021, a student named Mohammad Gibrail witnessed an incident where a female employee of the finance department was allegedly harassed by a male employee Tanveer Ahmed in a supervisory position. On September 17, a large number of IBA students protested with the chants of “We Want Justice!”, “IBA Stands Against Harassment”, “Stop Sheltering Harassment.” On 29 September 2021, the Institute expelled Mohammad Gibrail for exposing alleged harassment on campus with the reason stating that IBA appreciates the student for pointing out issues which are of concern to them and our community but the institute took the decision to expel the complainant for not using the right channel to report the sexual harassment.
Notable alumni edit
Asad Umar - Former Federal Minister for Planning, Development, Reforms and Special Initiatives
- Asad Umar - Politician, serving in the Government of Pakistan, and the former CEO of Engro Corporation.
- Ashir Azeem - Pakistani-Canadian actor, director and former civil servant.
- Ghias Khan - Businessman and entrepreneur.
- Irfanullah Khan Marwat - Former Minister of Education Sindh.
- Kanwal Ahmed - Founder of Soul Sisters Pakistan (est.2013) and Executive Producer of "Conversations with Kanwal."
- Mahoor Shahzad - Badminton player
- Mamnoon Hussain - Former President, Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- Muhammad Uzair - Pakistani economist, senior bureaucrat, and professor emeritus.
- Muhammad Zubair - Pakistani politician and former Governor of Sindh.
- Quentin D'Silva - Pakistani Christian business executive.
- Raihan Merchant - Chairman and CEO of Z2C Pakistan, Chairman of Brainchild Communications Ltd and Blitz (Pvt) Ltd.
- Shamim Rajani - Entrepreneur and businesswoman.
- Shaukat Aziz - Former Prime Minister of Pakistan.
- Sheheryar Munawar - Film and television actor.
- Sikandar Sultan - Founder and Chairman of Shan Food Industries.
- Taha Siddiqui - Pakistani journalist based in Paris.
- Tipu Sharif - Turkish-born television actor.
- Sabir Sami - Global CEO of KFC.
- "Faculty of IBA, Karachi". Archived from the original on 31 October 2020. Retrieved 3 April 2023.
- "SAT vs IBA Test". Archived from the original on 18 June 2021. Retrieved 3 April 2023.
- University Overview of Institute of Business Administration, Karachi University Ranking (uniRank, Australia) website, Retrieved 2 April 2023
- "Pakistani Universities ranking by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan". Higher Education Commission of Pakistan website. Archived from the original on 27 June 2013. Retrieved 2 April 2023.
- "ACU Members in Pakistan". The Association of Commonwealth Universities website. Archived from the original on 30 October 2013. Retrieved 2 April 2023.
- (Pakistan Press International) Achievements: IBA certified by South Asian System The Express Tribune (newspaper), Published 25 August 2011, Retrieved 2 April 2023
- "Affiliated Universities of Pakistan to CFA Institute, United States". CFA Institute website. Retrieved 2 April 2023.
- "Affiliated Universities of Pakistan to CFA Institute, United States". CFA Institute, United States website. Archived from the original on 7 March 2012. Retrieved 2 April 2023.
- "IBA teacher resigns, leaves country after sexual harassment allegations". The Express Tribune. 27 June 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2023.
- "IBA's foreign faculty member 'flees' Pakistan dodging harassment probe". Daily Pakistan Global. 28 June 2018. Retrieved 30 September 2021.
- "Another Harassment Incident Reported at IBA Campus in Karachi".
- "IBA employee barred from varsity over harassment allegations". The Express Tribune (newspaper). 18 October 2020. Retrieved 3 April 2023.
- Jajja, Sumaira (26 September 2021). "Witness's account of 'harassment' at IBA Karachi sparks unprecedented protest, disciplinary proceedings". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 3 April 2023.
- Jajja, Sumaira (29 September 2021). "IBA Karachi expels student who exposed alleged harassment on campus". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 3 April 2023.
- "IBA Karachi expels student for publicly highlighting alleged harassment". Geo TV News website. Retrieved 3 April 2023.
- "Engro president quits". Dawn (newspaper). 17 April 2012. Archived from the original on 27 February 2017. Retrieved 3 April 2023.
- Profile: Pakistani President Mamnoon Hussain (an IBA Karachi alumni) BBC News website, Published 9 September 2013, Retrieved 3 April 2023