Institute for Cosmic Ray Research
- Super-Kamiokande - Detection of neutrinos and search for proton decays in a large water tank
- Tibet - Search for point sources of VHE cosmic gamma rays at Tibet heights
- Telescope Array Project - Aiming at highest energy cosmic ray physics by detecting weak light from atmosphere
- Gravitational Wave Group - Constructing the gravitational wave detector KAGRA
- Observational Cosmology Group - Subaru Hyper Suprime-Cam Survey
- Theory Group - Theoretical studies for verifying Grand Unified Theory and early Universe
- High Energy Astrophysics Group - Theoretical studies for pulsars, gamma-ray bursts, AGNs, acceleration mechanisms of particles etc.