Institut national de l'audiovisuel
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Institut national de l'audiovisuel (abbrev. INA), (French: National Audiovisual Institute) is a repository of all French radio and television audiovisual archives. Additionally it provides free access to archives of countries such as Afghanistan and Cambodia. It has its headquarters in Bry-sur-Marne.
|Établissement public à caractère industriel et commercial|
|Founded||January 6, 1975|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Since 2006, it has allowed free online consultation on a website called ina.fr with a search tool indexing 100,000 archives of historical programs, for a total of 20,000 hours.
In the 1980s, it issued a large number of recordings on the label France's Concert Records. In the 1990s it launched its own label INA mémoire as the historical recording label of the Institut national de l'audiovisuel, and of the archives of Radio France.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2012)
The Institut national de l'audiovisuel was founded in 1975 by a law of 1974 with the purpose of conserving archives of audiovisual materials, research relating to them and professional training. In 1992, legal deposit was extended to television and radio, and the institute was to be the depository. This led to the establishment of the Inathèque in 1995, with the aim of conserving and making its holdings available to researchers and students. It was opened to the public in October 1998, at the Bibliothèque nationale de France - site François-Mitterrand. In 2002, legal deposit was extended to cable and satellite television and in 2005 to terrestrial digital television. From September 2006, the institute has been responsible for archiving 17 radio and 45 television services amounting to 300,000 hours per year.
|1979-1981||Gabriel de Broglie|
- Annual report 2017. Bry-sur-Marne, France: Ina. April 4, 2018. Retrieved March 19, 2019.
- Ina.fr, Institut National de l’Audiovisuel –. "Ina.fr : vidéo, radio, audio et publicité - Actualités, archives de la radio et de la télévision en ligne - Archives vidéo et radio Ina.fr". Ina.fr. Archived from the original on 2011-05-01.
- "Mentions légales Archived 2011-05-01 at the Wayback Machine." Institut national de l'audiovisuel. Retrieved on 5 May 2011. "Siège social et adresse postale : 4 avenue de l'Europe - 94366 Bry-sur-Marne cedex"
- Ina.fr, Institut National de l’Audiovisuel –. "Ina.fr : vidéo, radio, audio et publicité - Actualités, archives de la radio et de la télévision en ligne - Archives vidéo et radio Ina.fr". Ina.fr. Archived from the original on 2007-05-18.
- France's Concert Record, FC-113, 1988
- Fanfare vol. 18 No.5 1995 "Renaud Machart.. and the director of the label "Memoire Vive" produced by the Institut National de l'Audiovisuel (distributed in the US by Qualiton.) It was in this last capacity that he was now talking to me. "The decision to launch Memoire Vive."
- INA Official website - English-language link
- Institut national de l'audiovisuel (in French)
- French radio and television archives on line (French)
- Tales of a festival : remembering Cannes in sound and picture (English and French version)
- Europe of cultures 50 years of artistic creation and cultural life from the 27 countries of the European Union (English and French version)
- L’Institut national de l’audiovisuel: Free Content and Rights Licensing as Complementary Strategies (English) A case study on the INA business model by Ithaka for the Strategic Content Alliance