Insight (Adventist magazine)
Insight was a weekly magazine aimed at Seventh-day Adventist young people, published from 1970-2017 by Review and Herald. It has been described as one of the "most important" Adventist magazines.
|Categories||Christian - Seventh-day Adventist|
|Publisher||Review and Herald|
|Year founded||1970 (1872 as The Youth's Instructor)|
|Based in||Hagerstown, Maryland|
History and profileEdit
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2008)
Under the editorship of Lora E. Clement in the early-mid 1900s, the circulation increased from about 25,000 to 50,000.
Editors of the Youth's InstructorEdit
- 1923–1952: Lora E. Clement (who lived from 1890 to 1958)
- 1952-1970: Walter Crandall
... Editors of Insight magazine Editor, F. Donald Yost; Associate Editors, Pat Horning, Chuck Scriven.
- Roland Hegsted, acting editor
- Mike Jones
- 1986 Chris Blake
- 1993 Lori Peckham
- 2009 Dwain Esmond
- 2013 Omar Miranda
Notable contributors to the Youth's InstructorEdit
- About Us. Accessed 2014-10-10. See also Circle entry
- Seeking a Sanctuary by Malcolm Bull and Keith Lockhart, p113
- Historical Dictionary of Seventh-day Adventists by Gary Land, p324
- Dictionary, p241
- Dictionary, p65
- Stephen Blake Mettee; Michelle Doland; Doris Hall (1 December 2006). American Directory of Writer's Guidelines: More Than 1,700 Magazine Editors and Book Publishers Explain What They Are Looking for from Freelancers. Quill Driver Books. p. 334. ISBN 978-1-884956-58-4. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- Dictionary, p40
- Ryckman, Raymond E.; Zackrison, James L. (1998). Son of the Living Desert - Edmund C. Jaeger, 1887-1983: Ecologist, Educator, Environmentalist, Biologist, and Philanthropist. Loma Linda, California: R.E. Ryckman. pp. 451–454. ISBN 978-0-9663563-0-4. OCLC 39497413. LCC QH31.J33 R97 1998 University of California, Riverside, Science Library